How could QuestMania Work?

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

www.e-gekko.net

Re: How could QuestMania Work?

Post by www.e-gekko.net »

Hmmm, i quote Hylis. Something new!! We need that!!
Anyway, there will be ManiaScript, eheh, i have no fear!!!
Give me ManiaScript and i change all!!! :P :geek:
The Power System (3.1) & TPS Gaseco & TPS OS System Coder
Founder of GFCx, the biggest and Oldest Trackmania Team. The LOL King.
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

I certainly know if Crusard gets his hands on the MT for SM or QM we'll have a whole new game on our hands before long... :lol:
WIP
Knutselmaaster

Post by Knutselmaaster »

Yea, I'm already wondering what he is going to do with it too!

He did really great things that changed gameplay of TM radically, could such flexibility and creativity be applied to QM too?
Raf_Cian

Post by Raf_Cian »

Ok, excuse me while I organize the dust bunnies in my brain.

Early in this thread, it's been revealed that settings/ages/eras will be treated like environments in the other Mania Planet systems. The association between the two terms is important since that means we'll be receiving updates at the same rate the other games get updates to their environments.

Just recently in this thread we got our first statements concerning the engine... a very vague statement. We're looking at something that is in the same expectations of Zelda, Morrowind, or Fable... I'm adlibbing a bit, but they're all popular yet radically different "hack and slash" RPGs. Just looking at how different my examples are tells you how little what has been said tells us about the engine.

Now that I've organized my expectations... how could QuestMania work?

While I expect to get them staggered a bit to account for the differences in the engines, I'd expect the environments of the three ManiaPlanet games to be released with natural sharing of resources cross genre already in the formula. Examples from a QuestMania perspective.
A classic fantasy setting would draw resources from the same pool as an open field racer or war shooter.
A modern supernatural setting would draw resources from the same pool as a city racer or urban shooter.
A scifi setting would draw resources from obviously scifi shooters, but also over the top stadium racers.

As for the engine... it would make sense that QuestMania would use the same engine across all it's settings. Therefore, even with the grains of sand concerning the engine that have been mentioned, I can confidently predict that it will involve a finite backpack concept. Collect as many tools as you want, but you can only carry so many with you out in the field. Using a tool bag system, quest designers can have some control of what is allowed in the door. No guns in a goblin dungeon, no wand of fireballs in gothic horror, and no weapons at all in entirely puzzle quests.

Other than that, my baseless prediction is that we're getting a "town" for each of the settings. Sort of like Phantasy Star Online or the R00t Towns in .Hack (which is by extension a mechanic of virtual MMO of that game, the World). This would give us a themed location to organize our toolbelts, select our quests, and possibly enter the quest editors.

That's... all my thoughts given what we know.
S-Jay

Post by S-Jay »

Raf_Cian wrote:We're looking at something that is in the same expectations of Zelda, Morrowind, or Fable...

I can't stop imagining how Morrowind would look online, or even TES IV (Oblivion).

Imagine that you could compare the two different (Mania, Dementia) worlds in Oblivion (Shivering Isles) to the Environments in TMU, that would be fabulous.
Rilez

Post by Rilez »

Well, Nadeo should take a leaf out of Bethesda's book, and have the editor for Questmania as a different program, where you can edit every thing from where a mug is placed to creating whole new world spaces with a little bit of practice.

I would like to see leveled loot, BUT no leveled creatures. It will be a difficult thing for Nadeo to make Questmania, but I'm hoping they might make an offline version that can be completely edited (like Oblivion/Fallout (other Bethesda games)

Those games have a very large community and even thought you can't go online with them, there are huge community websites like The Elder Scrolls Nexus or Fallout 3 Nexus where you can host your mods, and download then edit others.

I really hope Nadeo can be smart and make an offline version that can be completely edited (I know it will not be likely but....)

Anyway thanks for reading
Rilez
tcq

Post by tcq »

Hylis wrote:I think online access will go through to a cluster of server, where each one can host a quest where people gets in or out to go to other quest/server. But it is way to soon to know this
I think this could be interessting. It sounds for me,as if different servers hosting different quests and you can search which quest you want to do. So just give a shout to your friends for a meet up on that server.
Maybe you can join specific servers after doing an amount of different other quests. We will see :p
steelworks

Post by steelworks »

First of all: I haven't read the whole thread, so I dont know, if someone had my idea before :D

How about a small world for all players, given by Nadeo, like a big city + some surroundings. In this world, there will be different "connections" like teleports or something that way. Using this teleport leads you to a online map-change platform where you can choose quests, you want to play.

This would fit in the Maniplanet-Concept, and could allow typical RPG elements like leveling your character with points and items.

The only problem could be, that everyone could create very easy quests with extreme high rewards. So there could be fun quests without limitations, which dont count on your character and real quests, which rewards you have to choose by a list, given by Nadeo.
Unfortunately there would be the same problem, but not that hard.

actually, you cant create a real mmorpg, if the player is able to create it, cause there will be cheaters. And creating a normal RPG (not mmorpg) would be too complex for the player to create.

So maybe there is this system like mentioned by me, but without evolving characters, or it is a game like wow + the possibility to create your own fun quests...we'll see :)
teku123456

Post by teku123456 »

Maybe a quest relating to a movie, like transformers 8-)
or a story type quest relating to a novel........

That is, if you can make your own quests :roll:
Knutselmaaster

Post by Knutselmaaster »

steelworks wrote:The only problem could be, that everyone could create very easy quests with extreme high rewards.
I assume that Nadeo will do it's best to prevent this, given their experience with "boosters" on TMN (they drove easy tracks against "deliberately loosing" high ranks, for big points)

Return to “Questmania”