How could QuestMania Work?

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

hugocool

Re: How could QuestMania Work?

Post by hugocool »

Well, it's from what I've heard. But again, you're right; It may only be like that on alpha stage.

But if it actually is that way, there's always Maniascript and Mediatracker. I'm sure we can figure out a way to add gun models if it's nessesary. :thumbsup:
Big fan of Daft Punk.
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

hugocool wrote:Well, it's from what I've heard. But again, you're right; It may only be like that on alpha stage.

But if it actually is that way, there's always Maniascript and Mediatracker. I'm sure we can figure out a way to add gun models if it's nessesary. :thumbsup:
True--there was a video on TM-Tube a while back that did that actually as a part of a machinima...
WIP
hugocool

Post by hugocool »

Trackmaniack wrote:
hugocool wrote:Well, it's from what I've heard. But again, you're right; It may only be like that on alpha stage.

True--there was a video on TM-Tube a while back that did that actually as a part of a machinima...
You mean The nightmare of Hylis?
Big fan of Daft Punk.
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

hugocool wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote:

You mean The nightmare of Hylis?
Possibly...I'll have to go check (goes to watch)
WIP
banjee

Post by banjee »

could the gameplay possibly be like DotA?
EnaiSiaion

Post by EnaiSiaion »

I'm pretty sure the gameplay will be like Neverwinter Nights: users create "modules" (small, self-contained RPG stories with maps and NPCs/items/enemies) and distribute those. You wouldn't be able to drop in and out at will, but you could group up to play through a module together, and servers would host one or more modules.

Nadeo will have to get creative, because a map editor will not be enough. But if they pull it off, this game could be dynamite, just like the original Neverwinter Nights back in '02.
My God is a vengeful God.
MatheusKS

Post by MatheusKS »

Nadeo, do not make RPG with medieval environments. The Old Age, Modern Age and Contemporary Age are underused RPGs.
Playing some RPGs (I'm not a fan of this genre, but there are good titles - QuestMania, for example), I saw that many, to progress in the game, the player must complete missions. I've seen RPGs without quests, but they were just games where the player is walking and talking.
I would like a game mode where one player must work for someone else to receive as salary Planets. This employer could be a non-playable character offering pre-defined work, or that the employer is another player. Where the employer is another player, could be a kind of exchange of favors.

I'm looking forward to see the first images of the game.
CPU: Ryzen 7 2600; Video: GeForce 1070; RAM: 16GB; also known as The Lil' Electricity Bill Booster. In-game as <MATKS95>
EpicPandemic

Post by EpicPandemic »

Im very curious as to how Nadeo plan to approach this.

The whole essence of the "mania" games are community driven, but also everyone is ALWAYS on an equal footing, meaning that its 100% skill based.

This in a way flies in the face of an RPG, which revolves around levelling up, collecting loot and generally improving your character, which is very different from the other mania games.
FrivolousSam

Post by FrivolousSam »

Agree with what EnaiSiaion said, an online play / client side character system like Neverwinter Nights, but with a more first person action style gameplay wold be INCREDIBLE
Find me in game as "Tobias"
kamistar

Post by kamistar »

Since both TrackMania and ShootMania are great competitive e-sports. I'm wondering, Could QuestMania provide good playground for competitive gaming also. :?:

Return to “Questmania”