Jump between eras/environments without leaving the game

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

windows3.1
Location: I'm the little voice in your head that tells you to toss money in the freezer.

Jump between eras/environments without leaving the game

Post by windows3.1 »

I've played a few RPGs (Chrono Trigger for the SNES/Super Famicom and Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for the DS come to mind) that take place across multiple eras or worlds. Since Questmania will eventually have multiple eras/environments/worlds, why not add the capability of crossing between them either freely or at set moments?

Let's say your game starts in the 11th century, but then jumps forward to a fantasy-punk sci-fi world where man-portable guns were never invented but people fly around in starships before returning to the 11th century and allowing free travel between the two eras. Without the ability to jump between eras/worlds/environments such a game would be impossible, and there's really nothing stopping Nadeo from enabling this feature.
Trackmaniack

Re: Jump between eras/environments without leaving the game

Post by Trackmaniack »

Interesting...I support this. How about block/enviromixing between 9 environments over 3 games, rather than just 7-1? It's -gotta- be possible eventually...unless everything is so tightly packed :| that it's impossible...
WIP
Boo425

Post by Boo425 »

The idea of swapping between era's in one game is very nice, but the actual excuse of introducing this would be hard to find.

*Story line maybe?
Crashing happily since 2009.
novationx

Post by novationx »

think smaller and keep it simple pls.

Its hard enough to have a good multiplayer by itself. I prefere to have new features and redesign/fixes of what we currently have rather than a 'stupid' story :)
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 »

novationx wrote:think smaller and keep it simple pls.

Its hard enough to have a good multiplayer by itself. I prefere to have new features and redesign/fixes of what we currently have rather than a 'stupid' story :)
You realize this is about QuestMania, not ShootMania?
Check out my Personal Twitter account!

Return to “Questmania”