Moderator: English Moderator

babsolune

Re: Stupid Games (TM) Offtopic

Post by babsolune » 13 Jul 2011, 13:49

Bara wrote:
Beta key is not a gift, it is a curse :mrgreen:
:D :D true,

crossing my fingers to get cursed by time :D

But why always doing stupid games when I have no time to check the site....grml....

That's so ....stupid ... :P
if you don't have time to read, how could you find some to test as hardly as you can and then report bugs ?
I remember in the early 90's, "beta tester" was a full time job, with wage slips.

there's a difference between working hard on a game's development, and getting the game earlier than other players

I was in for the TMforever beta, and if Hylis send me a beta key for TM², i will send him back: there are only 24h hours a day, and i don't own a second life ^^

jamie_macdonald

Post by jamie_macdonald » 13 Jul 2011, 15:13

Hmm Betalicious, tasty! xD

^_^

*PS: It's not as hard work as above, it's an honour to contribute in any way possible :mrgreen:

Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack » 13 Jul 2011, 15:30

jamie_macdonald wrote:Hmm Betalicious, tasty! xD

^_^

*PS: It's not as hard work as above, it's an honour to contribute in any way possible :mrgreen:
As long as you're able to contribute, and don't just treat the beta as "OMG free early copiez". For me, I would love to help with the beta, but I'm not sure if I'd be a good contributor as A) I'm really busy and B) I'm very forgiving of game developers--I wouldn't instantly call a bug a bug, or a glitch a glitch. Cuz I know all devs, underneath all that code, are really human beings :P And they'll occasionally make mistakes. The day I see a perfect game is the day I stop being a gamer--cuz I know there is no such thing as the 100% bug, glitch, and exploit-free game. It's just not possible. And as games get more complicated, it's going to become LESS possible. But, anyway, that's the end of my speech :lol: If I win a beta key or am given one, I'll use all my abilities to help make TM2 the best game possible for all the fans, but if not, then I'll buy it day 1 release for sure. :D
WIP

Yrp360

Post by Yrp360 » 13 Jul 2011, 15:42

Hylis is AWE...wait for it...SOME !

Good luck to all beta-hunters !

jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller » 13 Jul 2011, 15:43

Yrp360 wrote:Hylis is AWE...wait for it...SOME !
I love it :mrgreen:

Gogo for win beta keys^^

tcq

Post by tcq » 13 Jul 2011, 16:28

Trackmaniack wrote:The day I see a perfect game is the day I stop being a gamer--cuz I know there is no such thing as the 100% bug, glitch, and exploit-free game. It's just not possible.
Luckily for you, that Pong was probably done before you started gaming, else you had to quit in an instant :)

Last edited by tcq on 13 Jul 2011, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

eie

Post by eie » 13 Jul 2011, 16:29

If the next competition is to say nice things of themselves as to why they deserve to be in the BETA, it's going to be a tough competition xD
Trackmania2 ♥

Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack » 13 Jul 2011, 17:08

tcq wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote:The day I see a perfect game is the day I stop being a gamer--cuz I know there is no such thing as the 100% bug, glitch, and exploit-free game. It's just not possible.
Luckily for you, that Pong was probably done before you started gaming, else you had to quit in an instant :)

Hahahaha....okay, point taken, TCQ. :P But I'm not so young that I don't remember the classics--I have (not had, have) an original Atari 2600 console, as well as a ColecoVision (one of their competitors), along with several dozen games for each. They're a little more tricky to set up just right with my new TV (still have cords from the 80s... :lol: ) but it's an experience which can't be beat. :)
WIP

Xymph

Post by Xymph » 13 Jul 2011, 19:26

Hylis wrote:Anyway, there will be less than three weeks between beta 1 and beta 2 I think.
Besides the number of play^H^H^H^Htesters :) granted access, what will be the difference(s) between the two beta phases?
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Return to “Off-Topics”