Please bring TrackMania Sunrise w/ Extreme to GoG or Steam

Discuss everything and more.

Moderator: English Moderator

Delicieuxz

Re: Please bring TrackMania Sunrise w/ Extreme to GoG or Steam

Post by Delicieuxz »

Posting in hopes that we will hear a confirmation that TMO and TMS will be released on GoG and / or Steam.

I'm not interested in Nadeo's post-TMS TrackMania games, because they're not full TM games, and don't have my favourite game modes in them. Also, PlanetMania is cumbersome and convoluted. And the in-game menus in modern TM games are confuses and unorganized messes.

All that said, I'm very eager to play a full-package TM game again - especially if it's TMS with the Extreme expansion. I will happily re-buy the game on GoG or Steam.

Else, I think Nadeo should release a patch or an installation downloader that removes the StarForce DRM that prevents TMS from running on Windows 7 and later. After all, paying customers have a right to access the software that they own a license for.
TMarc

Re: Please bring TrackMania Sunrise w/ Extreme to Steam

Post by TMarc »

Delicieuxz wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 11:51 Posting in hopes that we will hear a confirmation that TMO and TMS will be released on GoG and / or Steam.

I'm not interested in Nadeo's post-TMS TrackMania games, because they're not full TM games, and don't have my favourite game modes in them. Also, PlanetMania is cumbersome and convoluted. And the in-game menus in modern TM games are confuses and unorganized messes.

This is an official answer actually:
Cerovan wrote: 19 Mar 2015, 14:46 We have no plans to update or re-release Trackmania Original/Sunrise on modern OSes. We have simply too much work for the coming years to be able work on that.
And since you're not interested in the Maniaplanet universe, which is sad, I think you don't need to continue posting here, even in the off-topics. Don't misuse that anymore for TMO/TMN etc. related activities, this here is not the right forum for it. Thanks.

You can post TMO related topics e.g. on TM forum, but I'm pretty sure you will get the same answer there.

The developers have to go with the times and with new technologies, they cannot always stick to the old stuff.
And they also want to sell new things and earn money.

Topic closed.

Return to “Off-Topics”