TMUF crashing at MP race end

Discuss everything and more.

Moderator: English Moderator

viper2097

TMUF crashing at MP race end

Post by viper2097 »

Hello,
I'm a TM Fan since day one and I own all TM games on disc.
As the games are great, I wanted to play them again and bought it on steam. Of course, my favourite titel is TMUF and I would love to play it more in MP.

Unfortunately, the game crashes most times when the race ended. Somtimes without any message, sometimes with a kind of C++ message.
I've contacted steam support,who forwarded me to Ubisoft.
I contacted Ubisoft who forwarded me to this forum.

I've collected all crash logs I've found.
Unfortuantely it is not possibe to add them here, nor I'm allowed to post any images, urls or emails? Great, so now "encrypted"...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gc9Xa ... oYp-LK91La

I really love this game and I would love it so much to play it again, please help me.

Some additonal Information:
i-7 4790K @ 4.3 Ghz, no heat or undervoltage issues
strix 1080 8gb @ stock
asus z97
32gb ram
Installed on SSD
Win 10 pro 64bit
Steam
Steam controller
steam link

Installed this patch (https***steamcommunity*com/app/7200/discussions/0/864975249445668211/?l=german) to have it work with the 8gb graphic card. Makes no diffeence if installed or not.

Windows, nvidia drivers and everything else (also all kinds of c++ redistributionals) are always up to date.
If you need any additional information, please contact me. Thank you very much!
Last edited by Miss on 20 Sep 2018, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
Miss

Re: TMUF crashing at MP race end

Post by Miss »

It might be because you're using a Steam Controller. In ManiaPlanet 3, the game also crashed a lot when using a Steam Controller, which was fixed in ManiaPlanet 4. Try disabling/disconnecting the Steam Controller and just using a regular Xbox controller or a Dualshock controller (or any DInput device for that matter).

Edit: Since you're also using a Steam Link I'm not sure if "disable Steam Controller" is actually an option for you, in which case I'm not sure what to say. :( But it'd be worth trying without Steam Controller on a PC first, and see if that does indeed fix the problem?

Also, I don't want to refer you to yet another website, :oops: but the ManiaPlanet forum is mostly for TrackMania 2 and ShootMania, not the old TMUF/TMNF games. For that, this forum would be a better choice: http://tm-forum.com/ :thumbsup:

Since this is about TMUF, I've also moved this thread to off-topic.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
viper2097

Post by viper2097 »

Valve also thought this, but they really want to help and repair that. (This should be indeed no problem to use the SC)
Unfortunately, they can't find out WHY tmuf crashes because they are not familiar with the game.
When someone can say WHY tmuf is crashing, valve could probably fix that.

This is was Ubisoft wrote me:
I understand your situation and that Valve is taking a look at this matter.
What I would advise you on this situation, it so post all the information you have collected and post it on the ManiaPlanet forums, as it is the most direct way for a player to contact the developers:
https***forum.maniaplanet*com/

Ok, so I will move on to tm-forum*com, but still thank you so far.

TBH, I will nevery buy a Ubisoft game again, I'm really dissappointed. I know TMUF is old, but I bought the game now 3 times, and even it is old, I paid for it. And Ubisoft is not even trying to help in a way, instead they are just forwarding me to (the wrong) forum...
great...

However, maybe still someone could help...
Miss

Post by Miss »

I made Maniafix for ManiaPlanet 3 a while ago which fixed the game freezing due to DirectInput devices not being unlocked properly. I don't know if it has anything to do with that, but seems like your crash appears at one of those freezing points that MP3 had. This also has been fixed for MP4, but maybe it helps Valve a bit, if you still have an open ticket with them.

Have you tried the game without a Steam Controller yet? Does it fix the crashes?
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
viper2097

Post by viper2097 »

I tried to play local, streaming to my TV, both in normal an BPM, with SC, with Disconnected SC, with another Controller, with another Cotnroller while the SC is connected etc.
Sometimes it crashes right at the start, sometimes it crashes mid in race, most time it crashes at race end.
But it crashes (most times) only in MP and not in local SP.
Then it runs a few hours without any problem

So it is very hard to determine if the SC is responsible, but yes, it looks so.
However, Valve really wants to figure that out if the SC is responsible, but unfortunately they don't know where to start.

Thank you very much, I will have a look at this and forward it to valve.

I love that game and would love to play it again more on the TV, for that, a SC is necessary (mouse "needed"). Also it is not an Option to disconnect the SC every time I wann play. :(
Miss

Post by Miss »

Indeed, it would be great if Valve manages to fix this, as it's pretty much required for Steam Link to function correctly. :thumbsup:

Do let us know if Valve responds! I'm curious whether they end up fixing this or not.
I also stream and tweet.
viper2097

Post by viper2097 »

Valve answered me that they will take a look at it and can't promise anything so far...
However, thank you very much for your help, I hope they'll fix it...
Miss

Post by Miss »

I hope so too! Thanks for the update.
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Off-Topics”