What do you like the most, PUBG or Fortnite Battle Royale?

Discuss everything and more.

Moderator: English Moderator

Xymph

Re: What do you like the most, PUBG or Fortnite Battle Royale?

Post by Xymph »

ManiaPlanet, duh. :roll:

Then again, maybe I shouldn't have replied to what looks somewhat like an anchor for future spam...
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
Miss

Post by Miss »

OP was a spambot, but I'll keep the thread here for any potential real discussion :P
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

PUBG, definietly. It's still a bad game (judging from bugs, graphics, movement and general game behavior), but I clearly prefer this over Fortnite since.. well.. no need to tell why I guess

Anyways, BO4 seems to be the better choice to me, used to play the Open Beta and it runs surprisingly good
Last edited by Florenzius on 21 Oct 2018, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
adamkooo2

Post by adamkooo2 »

None of these xd
/\rkady
oiram456

Post by oiram456 »

Florenzius wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 20:23 but I clearly prefer this over Fortnite since.. well.. no need to tell why I guess
I play neither of those games but i know their strengths and flaws, so im asking what those reasons are :D (besides its overhyped and that u dont like comic-style)
Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz | 4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V (LGA1155) | 1920x1080@60Hz|2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

This game is just crap since it's designed for a very young audience (obviously) and still included violence overload, even if it's this comic style. And I think we all agree that people between 8-12 years should probably stick to non-violent games in order to grow up normally without stuff like this. And Fortnite is just a money machine for its creators. Sure, every game somehow has ingame-transactions or shall bring extra money for the developers, but just look at all those obvious and hidden situations where you are animated and forced to buy something. PUBG does as well have crates and stuff where you need to pay money, but you are not obviously forced like at Fortnite. I know guys that spent hundrets of euros on this game for cosmetics, weapons and stuff. Save this money for something useful. Also who needs these awkward dances :|

Ofc it's just my point of view, but I guess some guys will agree, fans won't ofc

"..and that you don't like comic style" actually I like simple graphics, just look at Overwatch for example, similar style. Just depends on how it's used ^^
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
oiram456

Post by oiram456 »

Florenzius wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 13:45 This game is just crap since it's designed for a very young audience (obviously) and still included violence overload, even if it's this comic style. And I think we all agree that people between 8-12 years should probably stick to non-violent games in order to grow up normally without stuff like this.
Well Fortnite is just the same in terms of violence like Shootmania. (No blood, no kill animation, etc, both pegi/USK 12), you cant blame the game/developer for 8-12 years players if the game is rated 12+.
Florenzius wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 13:45 And Fortnite is just a money machine for its creators. Sure, every game somehow has ingame-transactions or shall bring extra money for the developers, but just look at all those obvious and hidden situations where you are animated and forced to buy something. PUBG does as well have crates and stuff where you need to pay money, but you are not obviously forced like at Fortnite. I know guys that spent hundrets of euros on this game for cosmetics, weapons and stuff. Save this money for something useful. Also who needs these awkward dances :|
Nobody is "forced" to buy anything there since its only cosmetics. Imo its just fair that the developers only use cosmetics as their source of money, so there is no pay2win (+ no random lootboxes as in other games, overwatch etc., u know what u get). Every developer has to decide, full prize with one time payment, free to play with other sources or mixed ones where u pay a bit + other additional money sources.
Florenzius wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 13:45 Also who needs these awkward dances :|
I wont judge if people like those dances, i enjoy them in Overwatch though.

I like and play Overwatch and i only tried Fortnite and PUBG a couple of times, i dont really like battle royale games in general i think. But the creative ways of play styles (building and often new interesting items), many updates, super creative marketing, seasons with events and a map that changes regularly, all that makes it better than pubg imo.

PUBG did rely too long on its pole position since they started the genre hype, but didnt manage to keep up with other games that took it a step further in a super short time, also it used to be pretty bad in terms of performance, but ive heard that got alot better + they have a good roadmap.

In the end its just about taste, if people prefer a more realistic battle royale or a more arcade/playground one
Florenzius wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 13:45 some guys will agree, fans won't ofc
im neither of those :roflol:

Edit: okay that got longer than expected for a topic that i dont play myself :D i still like u Florenzius :thx:
Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz | 4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V (LGA1155) | 1920x1080@60Hz|2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Yeah, it is pretty much a matter of opinion ;D

Nothing to add basically, I am just quite happy that PUBG is going the right way now, at least looks like the studio finally decided to round-up their game.

I actually hope that this hype around Battle Royale will end soon, but I guess it had its climax already earlier this year, judging from news.

And we all know that ShootMania Royal is still the best Battle Royale mode <3
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

I heard once about a shooter called shootmania, you should give it a try.
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

Ola Rots :)
:? Spambot says no.

... and I agree with Xymph, of course... :pil
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk

Return to “Off-Topics”