Not Active on TM

Discuss everything and more.

Moderator: English Moderator

wraith

Not Active on TM

Post by wraith »

Hello old friends/new friends and the Community.

Ok i have been getting a lot of people asking me why i am not around, well i am not very well and been forced away from the keyboard and mouse.
Few months ago i got a bump to my head and things just gone downhill since, i have tinnitus which will never go away and have lost part of my hearing.
But the worse part is the thing that is stopping my from getting on my pc, something is attacking my nerve's and is causing Serve nerve damage in my right shoulder, left shoulder, left arm, left hand/ fingers, and upper left side chest and neck. pain scale is 10/10.
My target is to get past christmas then back into hospital i do not want to spend time in hospital for Christmas, it as took me a few weeks to make 1 map sadly there very limit media and i got wrong from a nadeo member while making it on Discord.

Only close friends have know why i am not active.
not been able to make maps for the Community really upsets me, because TM as been with me from the start 2003, but it was my birthday on the 19th and to see Trackmania 15 years was nice !

Will i return to TM Community, i sadly do not know, would love to say yes but not the way i am feeling right now, and i am getting no better no matter how much i rest.
I have put plans forward with my brother in law to inform the right people if the worse happens ! and to close down all my sites...

I would love to add a huge thankyou for been apart of my life, and making it fun.
WRAITH

ps i hate social media sites so i request yous not to post anything on them about me, as this is my private life, and wanted to share it with yous here THX
BSO

Re: Not Active on TM

Post by BSO »

Hi :) I hope you'll get better, take time for yourself, rest, your health is the most important thing don't forget that, you will have plenty of time after to do more content if you want. ;) :thx:
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

So sad to hear this Wraith!
You certainly will be missed cause you are part of this one great community and you did so much for this community already!

I hope you can indeed celebrate christmas at home because thats the place to celebrate!
Last monday you have send me a video you received from a player for your birthday. And you were telling me that it made you so happy it was for your birthday, but even more that it was on your smurf map. It made me feel so good and now i hear this :(

To honour you and i know this vid made you happy, i post it here again!

https://youtu.be/OkVQ65JlsxA

Take care Tom and i really hope your life will be looking a lot better then it is right now, and believe me, it will get better!

Greetz from a friend!
Last edited by HaagseSmurf on 21 Nov 2018, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
Nerpson
Translator
Translator

Post by Nerpson »

Hello dear friend
I'm devasted to read that. You're one of the key members of this community, your presence with other's is what kept it livable.
I hope you'll have a great Christmas with your family, make it legendary. Take all the time you need to get well. I can assure you that we're with you, whatever happens. I'm sending you a virtual hug :thx:
Thank you for being what you are and for doing what you do
ImageImageImageImage
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Sorry you're going through this. It's not easy when your body keeps you from doing the things you love the most.

Just know you're a treasured part of the community, whether you can play or not. Always with the creative ideas, pushing the game forward.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
xrayjay

Post by xrayjay »

:thumbsup: i wrote you a message on our discord :thumbsup:
Miss

Post by Miss »

I don't know you very well wraith, but this post is heartbreaking. I can't even begin to imagine what it feels like that you're going through. Spend your time well with family and friends! Here's to hoping for better times in the future! :thx:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
endbase

Post by endbase »

Sad to hear what is happening to you @ the moment ! Take care and I hope the best for you !

Grtz Base
Demented

Post by Demented »

Oh my,
I am really happy to see that Wraith has decided to write that note to share with community here.
This is something you won't hear often from me but, I must say after reading the posts from fellow TM fans, Wraith fans and from Tom himself, I have a tear in my eye. This is not a tear of sadness, but rather from happiness. It is so nice to see such warmth, love and fellowship. This sense of friendship is one of the things I really do love about this community and I know Tom does too. I know it isn't something that everyone here feels or experiences, but there is a rather large collection of friends here that seem connected at a really rare and wonderful level. It is just one more reason I too love being part of this community. :thx:
I had heard about the video and was hoping to see it. Thank you for sharing that with us. :clap:
Many may know I have become very good friends with Tom, especially over this past year and I know he has had a tough go of things (he hasn't even told half the things he struggles with right now). Trackmania is one of his greatest passions and I personally know this is really tough for him to not be a part of the community right now. I know these messages will carry a lot of smiles and happiness to him. Thank you to all! :thx:
I have heard him say a lot of really nice things about many people here. (It's the kind of talking behind people's backs that you want! :D )
Take Care Tom and enjoy the holiday season. Rest up and we will see you when you are ready. ;)
Last edited by Demented on 21 Nov 2018, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

It's making me sad to read that, buddy. Best wishes from me, get well soon.
See you hopefully soon when you feel better, keep the faith. And don't forget to take care!
God bless
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti

Return to “Off-Topics”