SDK v0.2

Trackmania Forever public API and its open source PHP SDK.

Moderator: NADEO

w1lla

Re: SDK v. 0.2

Post by w1lla »

Another good documentation about REST and PHP can be found here:

http://www.gen-x-design.com/archives/cr ... -with-php/

And making RESTful requests can be found here:

http://www.gen-x-design.com/archives/ma ... ts-in-php/

Few things that are unnoticed by others.
Function

Code: Select all

getMultiplayerRankingForEnvironment
has two variables called

$login and $environment

The problem with this is that if i use Function

getMultiplayerRanking
that i can see the Merge but in
Function

is can let the second variabel empty and it will show Merge.

Also environments should be named with Capital letter as stadium or coast doesn't work but Stadium or Coast does.

Function

Getsoloranking
should have an option for different environments in solo ranking. Due to the fact that if you drive nations you will get an exception message as a fatal error.
Below is the error message

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'TrackMania_Exception' with message 'No solo rank, player has a free account' in \TrackMania Web Services\src\trackmania-ws.php on line 512
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

I second what farfa said about the architecture. We could imagine in a futur allowing to post a list of ressources to retrieve, but it's won't be done right now anyway.

As I already said, caching is the way to go here. Most objects on our side are cached for like 1 hour, so you can safely cache your API results (except the isOnline stuff) for a couple of hours (or even 24h for stuff like nickname, zone, rankings, etc.).
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
m4rcel

Post by m4rcel »

w1lla wrote:Also environments should be named with Capital letter as stadium or coast doesn't work but Stadium or Coast does.
For this, PHP has a nice function called ucfirst() (UpperCaseFirst), which exactly transforms e.g. "coast" and "COAST" both to the needed "Coast". Maybe the SDK should use the function to correct the string before sending it to the request ;)
ImageImage
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

w1lla wrote: in Function

is can let the second variabel empty and it will show Merge.
Yep, it's because of the ressources :

"ws.trackmania.com/tmf/players/gou1/rankings/multiplayer/Stadium/" will show my mutli ranking for Stadium. If you leave the func param empty it will replace Stadium with empty hence "ws.trackmania.com/tmf/players/gou1/rankings/multiplayer//", and the ressource "ws.trackmania.com/tmf/players/gou1/rankings/multiplayer/" exists.
w1lla wrote:Also environments should be named with Capital letter as stadium or coast doesn't work but Stadium or Coast does.
Indeed, I'll add that in the documentation when we do it.
w1lla wrote:Function

Getsoloranking
should have an option for different environments in solo ranking.
We'll see if it's possible later (I'm not sure because of the way the DB works).
w1lla wrote:Due to the fact that if you drive nations you will get an exception message as a fatal error.
Below is the error message

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'TrackMania_Exception' with message 'No solo rank, player has a free account' in \TrackMania Web Services\src\trackmania-ws.php on line 512
This was done on purpose. Maybe we'll change so that it just returns null instead.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)

Return to “Trackmania Forever Web Services”