ManiaHome Feed

Trackmania Forever public API and its open source PHP SDK.

Moderator: NADEO

zocka

ManiaHome Feed

Post by zocka »

I could imagine, the ManiaHome concept could be used quite a lot more if there would be some more possibilities to retrieve data from maniahome. Some method like ManiaHome::getPosts($manialink, $offset = 0, $length = 5) returning date, message, icon and a link to the post on maniahome (the page where you can comment on the post) would make it possible to display some kind of "latest posts" on a manialink, maybe even replacing an individual news system of the manialink. I think this would bring a reason for players to favorize a manialink (when they see, what content is usually posted by this manialink) and on the other hand ManiaHome would become more interesting. I think the most players will mainly see notifications about buddies, beeing now friend with someone they don´t know. This flood of almost only messages like this is - I think not only for me - not a convincing reason to really use ManiaHome by the means of it´s possibilities.

Could anyone else imagine something like this being useful? :D

greetz
manialink minigame shatter
my manialink: zockaml
my maniaflash: maniaflash?zocka
magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: ManiaHome Feed

Post by magnetik »

I don't think that it will be ported to Forever web services, but I plan to add this to ManiaPlanet WS.
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

Do you will something do for TMUF with maniahome in the future or do you target "only" for maniaplanet?
magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by magnetik »

For obvious reasons we are focusing on ManiaPlanet right now.
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!
zocka

Post by zocka »

Nice to hear, that we will see something like this in ManiaPlanet, but none the less I think it´s a little bit waste of potential of ManiaHome. Isn´t it more or less just the output of a single query to your database? : 3
manialink minigame shatter
my manialink: zockaml
my maniaflash: maniaflash?zocka
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

zocka wrote:Isn´t it more or less just the output of a single query to your database? : 3
:lol:

More seriously, not it's not as simple as one query ;)
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)

Return to “Trackmania Forever Web Services”