I'm setting this up on a Windows 10 Desktop.
- Download latest dedicated server release (at the time of writing version is listed as "Svn=76731 GameVersion=3.3.0"). http://files.v04.maniaplanet.com/server ... Latest.zip
- Extract dedicated server files (in my case "D:\Documents\ManiaPlanet Dedicated Server").
- Copy UserData\Config\dedicated_cfg.default.txt to UserData\Config\dedicated_cfg.txt.
- Edit options /dedicated/server_options/name, and /dedicated/system_config/title in the previously copied file.
I leave masterserver_acount empty--I just want to run a LAN server and thus don't create a dedicated server login. This should be doable according to the official documentation:A dedicated server login is required for internet servers. You can start LAN servers [using the /lan commandline argument] without login.
- Use the config helper webapp. Select "Trackmania² Stadium".
- Copy code in section "Default MatchSettings for: Time Attack" to UserData\Maps\MatchSettings\TestServer.txt.
- Download TM² Stadium title pack. A thing that has changed with MP4 and is missing from the official documentation. Solution found in this thread.
- Copy title pack to UserData\Packs.
- Open commandline in dedicated server base directory.
- Run the server executable with ManiaPlanetServer /Title=TMStadium@nadeo /dedicated_cfg=dedicated_cfg.txt /game_settings=MatchSettings/TestServer.txt /lan.
- Server aborts with the following log messages:
Code: Select all
[2017/10/08 19:10:04] Starting ManiaPlanet date=2017-08-30_18_16 Svn=76731 GameVersion=3.3.0... [2017/10/08 19:10:04] Configuration file : dedicated_cfg.txt [2017/10/08 19:10:04] Loading system configuration... [2017/10/08 19:10:04] ...system configuration loaded [2017/10/08 19:10:04] Loading cache... [2017/10/08 19:10:05] ...OK [2017/10/08 19:10:05] Loading dedicated server configuration... [2017/10/08 19:10:05] ...Dedicated server configuration loaded [2017/10/08 19:10:05] ...ERROR: Not connected [2017/10/08 19:10:05] ...ERROR: Load failed. Could not get access to 'Trackmania² Stadium'. [2017/10/08 19:10:05] Could not install or update the title's files...
I was able to find one other thread with the same error message, but it included no solution to my specific problem.