NAT Problems

Moderator: NADEO

hawezy

NAT Problems

Post by hawezy » 10 Apr 2020, 03:02

Hello, I managed to create a dedicated server, but the problem is this message when running the .bat file :

"- Warning ! -
You seem to be on a private network.
Unless you have configured your NAT,
other players on internet will not be
able to join in..."

Well, I already past two hours checking topics with similar problems on this forum, none of them helped me sadly. Nonetheless, all my ports are open. I also checked my firewall and my antivirus, managed to make them unable from blocking my ports.
So obviously I'm totally lost, and I come here hoping somebody will help me to solve this problem.

Thanks for your attention :)

jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Re: NAT Problems

Post by jonthekiller » 10 Apr 2020, 09:05

Hello,

I think it's not open on your router/modem. You need to open the port 2350 (if it's the default).

hawezy

Post by hawezy » 10 Apr 2020, 13:10

Hello, I actually opened ports 2351 and 3451, both TCP and UDP.

Maybe there is something that I am doing wrong :D

fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 10 Apr 2020, 16:56

Are you are actually having problems with people connecting to the server? That message is just a warning, telling you to make sure you have things configured properly; it does not necessarily mean players cannot connect. I see that warning with my own servers, despite configuring correctly, and players are able to connect.

Have you tried having people connect, or have you waited because of the warning? We can try joining your server if you have it running currently. Tell us the name.

hawezy

Post by hawezy » 10 Apr 2020, 18:06

Yes I have tried with a friend, he cannot connect. He has something like "Connecting to server..." which lasts quite a lot of time and then it stops with a failure message. In case you would like to test it yourself, here is the server login : kilokilo31

fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 10 Apr 2020, 18:13

Which title pack is the server running under? And what is the name I would see in the server browser list when I am looking for it?

fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 10 Apr 2020, 18:20

I found one under Stadium called "just test" when searching "kilo". Is that it?
If so, I got the following error:

Could not contact server.
Connection to 192.168.1.1:2351 failed or disconnected from server (1073741824)

Try settingeed to set the <force_ip_address></force_ip_address> setting in the dedicated_cfg.txt file to the external IP address for the server. If you are hosting from home, go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ to get it.

Also, you mentioned getting your firewall and made sure it's not blocking the ports, but were you referring to a software firewall on your server computer? If so, you will also need to make sure any router between your server and the internet is also allowing the port traffic through. Do you have a router that might be blocking the port?

hawezy

Post by hawezy » 10 Apr 2020, 19:46

Sorry for being so late, but yes indeed "just test" is the server. I did set my IP in the dedicated_cfg.txt file, but the error message still going on, and I am hosting from home indeed.

Plus, when I mentioned that my firewall wasn't blocking my ports, I was talking about the Windows one, because I don't see any other firewall on my computer since there is only Windows Defender activate and I don't have any extra antivirus. So, coming to the router. I have forwarded my ports from the configuration available on Internet. So, I believed that my router is allowing the port traffic through.

I have forwarded ports 2350 and 3450 in both UDP & TCP, but perhaps I need to do extra things on my ports that I actually don't know. By the way thanks for being so responsive, what a pleasure ! :thumbsup:

fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 10 Apr 2020, 19:56

Ok, one more thing to try:
Also in your router, forward ports 3450-3460 for both UDP and TCP and see if that helps. After you set up the forwarding rules, please restart your dedicated server, wait 60 seconds, then try connecting again.

Let me know when this is all in place and you have successfully connected, then I will try to connect again.

Good luck!

hawezy

Post by hawezy » 10 Apr 2020, 20:13

Well, I have forwarded port 3460 for both UDP and TCP. I have restarted my server, I have waited 60 seconds, I'm on the server right now.
All is in place, you can't try to connect I assume.

Return to “Dedicated Server”