ManiaPlanet 2 Beta Server 2013-07-30

Moderator: NADEO

MuNgLo

Re: ManiaPlanet 2 Beta Server 2013-07-30

Post by MuNgLo »

Ok so I updated and there is no way to disable multihit laser in Elite it seems. It is active in B2 and there is no settings exposed for it.
viperozza

Post by viperozza »

Please NADEO give up your trying to innovate. You just have to keep the game as simple as possible and to do so you have to avoid this random adds to the game. How can it be "skilled" to hit 3 players with 1 shot? It's just pure random luck.

Revert your 3 DOTS aim system and set it to the standard ONE dot as it is in every fps game and remove all the randomness you added since the last updates. :|

Keep the game alive, don't kill it.
roguesergeant

Post by roguesergeant »

Hmm, I greatly disagree with all of you. You guys complain constantly about the game dying and withering away. And yet you guys don't welcome the new changes to Elite to make it more playable for the general audience. To be heard, how successful are your lasers at 100m? Not really. So, unless 3 of your team LINE UP it's not going to happen. This is smart move for competitive! Why you ask? Simple, PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR POSITION. I'm not that great at the game, but when I played Quake 3, and heck every other Arena FPS with Instagib you can pull off a multikill. I find this very weird you guys don't like this. Turn it off if you don't like it. So much crying here.

it makes you think about your next move. this is brilliant, and a very high skill threshold. The second player can still block it with a rocket if he's fast enough.
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

just quick note that I updated the .zip to fix the double .script.txt, and updated the elite pack, notably to disable the laser multi hit in B2 mode.
MuNgLo

Post by MuNgLo »

roguesergeant wrote:Hmm, I greatly disagree with all of you. You guys complain constantly about the game dying and withering away. And yet you guys don't welcome the new changes to Elite to make it more playable for the general audience. To be heard, how successful are your lasers at 100m? Not really. So, unless 3 of your team LINE UP it's not going to happen. This is smart move for competitive! Why you ask? Simple, PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR POSITION. I'm not that great at the game, but when I played Quake 3, and heck every other Arena FPS with Instagib you can pull off a multikill. I find this very weird you guys don't like this. Turn it off if you don't like it. So much crying here.
Well first off only reason 100m lasers are so random in SM is due to the trilaser. You don't shot a single pixelperfect laser, you shot three and all must hit or you miss.
Why Elite isn't finding it's hardcore competitive players can be debated but making it easier and more random is not the way to go. But this isn't the place for that discussion.
You compare it to instagib but Elite isn't instagib. It is a gamemode that is meant to be hardcore skillbased competitive. Adding a multihit laser that will completely randomize some of the polefight situations is not a good thing in Elite.
Oh yeah, and there is no way to disable it.
just quick note that I updated the .zip to fix the double .script.txt, and updated the elite pack, notably to disable the laser multi hit in B2 mode.
Thanks a lot xbx. There are reasons why competitive players stick with B2.
w1lla

Post by w1lla »

Accordingly why are GetServerPackMask, SetServerPackMask still in the dedicated even though they are Deprecated.

In different API versions it's possible to get/set these. :teub:
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
51chicken

Post by 51chicken »

MuNgLo wrote: Thanks a lot xbx. There are reasons why competitive players stick with B2.
Well it seems like most leagues are moving to the new settings, most notably ESWC, so competitive players will have to adjust. I agree the multi-hit thing is a gimmick and probably not what we needed to improve the game, but it'll happen so rarely I'm not going to complain about it.

I don't like that we are going to be divided with leagues using 2 settings now, this is very bad for a game that's not very active.
dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w »

51chicken wrote:
MuNgLo wrote: Thanks a lot xbx. There are reasons why competitive players stick with B2.
Well it seems like most leagues are moving to the new settings, most notably ESWC, so competitive players will have to adjust. I agree the multi-hit thing is a gimmick and probably not what we needed to improve the game, but it'll happen so rarely I'm not going to complain about it.

I don't like that we are going to be divided with leagues using 2 settings now, this is very bad for a game that's not very active.

I dont like B3 at all. Ive been using microjumps for months now... suddenly its over? No ty.
Our CPLAY cup ( probably the biggest online SM event ) will still be B2.
sadzealot

Post by sadzealot »

51chicken wrote:

And do you know who's behind ESWC chosing B3 settings? You guessed it, Hyllis and Nadeo.

Lol, to think ESWC would magically pick B3 settings all on their own when every other competition is using B2 is daydreaming. Add the fact that Hyllis and Nadeo is gradually fading out B2 settings and will soon remove it (and thus kill any hope of Elite being a competitive esport title) and you know that they're behind it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see people still try and grab some money @ ESWC, but then leave the game the moment it's over if no other big tournaments with big money is announced. A big part of this move would be because of forced move to B3.

I've launched the phrase Casual Sunday to describe Elite in B3 settings. I don't see much 'competitive esport title' in the future.
roguesergeant

Post by roguesergeant »

dreammyw0w wrote:
51chicken wrote:

I dont like B3 at all. Ive been using microjumps for months now... suddenly its over? No ty.
Our CPLAY cup ( probably the biggest online SM event ) will still be B2.
How do you plan on that once they vanish? :(

Return to “Dedicated Server”