The new matchmaking update is available here.
The zip contains :
- The new matchmaking scripts.
- The new Elite, Siege and Combo title packs.
- Examples of matchsettings for the different modes.
As usual don't forget to back up your data before updating so you'll be able to go back easily if something goes wrong. You'll have to update your lobby and your match servers
for the update to work properly.
What's new in this update :
- Integration with Combo.
- Use the new version of the API (v4) with https.
- Setting S_MatchmakingErrorMessage defines a custom error message that will be displayed in the chat to inform the players when an error occurs in the matchmaking system.
- Setting S_LobbyAllowMatchCancel allows or not the players to cancel a match.
- Setting S_LobbyLimitMatchCancel, if the players are allowed to cancel a match, how many matches can they cancel before being penalized.
- Players leaving or canceling a match will be penalized. The more they are penalized the longer they will be blocked in the lobby.
- Display the nickname of the player who canceled our match in the chat.
- Better management of substitutes players.
- Display the average waiting time of the players in the lobby.
- Display which players are allied in the VS screen before being sent to a match.
- Stop to ask for a substitute when a player is missing if the match end is close.
- When reconnecting to a lobby after leaving an ongoing match you'll be sent back to your match server. Canceling will result in a penalty.
- Fixed : the old scores table is not visible anymore after a map change in the lobby.
- Fixed : the players list is sorted by echelon.
- Fixed : player won't be blocked in the lobby instead of being transfered to their match server.
To help us making the matchmaking better we activated the script logs by default in this version. If you're worried about the size they can take on your server hard drive you can turn them off in your matchsettings file (S_MatchmakingLogAPIError, S_MatchmakingLogAPIDebug and S_MatchmakingLogMiscDebug). Otherwise please try to let them on as it will help us greatly to fix any problems that you might encounter. Once we're sure this version is really stable we'll release a new version without the logs.
If you're new to the ManiaPlanet 3.0 matchmaking system you can read this guide
to learn how to setup your servers.