AdminServ - The show must go on! [Current - v2.1.1]

Moderator: NADEO

msok

Re: AdminServ - The show must go on! [Current - v2.1.1]

Post by msok »

Harest wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 21:08 @Msok: Hum okay. Did you check the php error log to see anything that could help maybe? I'm seeing some stuff related to cookies but i'm not sure it's appropriate to the issue there. You could still try to clear cookies for the site just in case, you'll just have to re-login.
Thanks, looked at the logs, found it.
The settings were incorrect open_basedir in the apache, corrected, everything worked.
twister56

Post by twister56 »

Hello,

I am using AdminServ 2.1.1 to manage my server.
I managed to configure my server, but now I have two problems:

- Unable to validate my modifications in the options server page. Nothing happens when I click save.

- In the management of the maps I have this error message:
"This Path was not required rights
/home/user/Documents/Maniaplanet/ServerTM/UserData/Maps/
("owner" needs "755") "
So I do these two commands there:

Code: Select all

chown -R $OWNER:$OWNER /home/user/Documents/Maniaplanet/ServerTM/UserData/Maps/
&&

chmod -R 755 /home/user/Documents/Maniaplanet/ServerTM/UserData/Maps/
then

systemctl reload apache2
But that didn't change anything ...

Thank you
twister_56
twister56

Post by twister56 »

Hi,

For my permissions problem, it's solved
it was the next command that had to do.

Chown -R www-data:www-data /home/user/Documents/Maniaplanet/ServerTM/UserData/Maps/ 
I'm still stuck on my server options.
No validation of modification of server options ...
Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 »

Hi, I figured I'd post a small update here to let you know that I now officially have archived the AdminServ repository on Github.

The 2.1.1 version, even after the few pull requests I merged, is probably full of security holes and should not under any circumstance be hosted publicly on the internet.

If you still insist on using this tool, please protect it by running it on a limited user account, a separate PHP version that isn't used for any other vhost and please put it behind a .htaccess/.htpasswd protection, so it cannot be accessed by unauthorized and potentially malicious people.

AdminServ-Neo is still on indefinite hold as I no longer feel motivated enough to work on it - the few problems that remain to be solved are: Playlist modification, proper file browser (working in conjunction with the (S)FTP features and locally and proper support for the latest TM2020 features.

I had thoughts of restarting a different re-write, e.g. as Electron app, however I also don't really have the time, as I'm now a full-time web developer during the day and also work on other projects in my free time - so feel free to take that idea and do with it what you want :)

Feel free to fork AS-Neo on GitLab or bring it across to GitHub, I'm willing to let anyone else carry on the torch so to speak.
It's licensed under GNU GPLv3 which allows you to modify it, use it for commercial use, distribute it, etc, under the conditions that you continue publishing the source code of your modifications and do not re-license the code, remove the copyright and license notice etc.
Read more about the GPLv3 here

Should you have any questions regarding this last paragraph, feel free to talk to me privately on Discord.
You can either find me on the official Trackmania Discord server (https://discord.gg/trackmania) or via my Discord Tag Chris92#0092.
Check out my Personal Twitter account!
msok

Post by msok »

Hello!
I corrected the display of servers a little, plus added normal support for links to Uplay for tm2020. See line 39. And do not forget to clean the cache in the browser, otherwise the javascript will not update immediately.
Attachments
resources.zip
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Return to “Dedicated Server”