TrackMania² Canyon dedicated server quick start guide

Moderator: NADEO

User avatar
Xymph
Posts: 1396
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 20:35
Contact:

TrackMania² Canyon dedicated server quick start guide

Post by Xymph » 17 Aug 2011, 15:03

Now that the server is public, I've also released my Quick Start Guide for the TrackMania² Canyon dedicated. You can find it here:

http://www.gamers.org/tm2/quickstart.html

Feedback welcome.

PS. Please don't ask about XASECO2, just read this.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

krone6
Posts: 138
Joined: 26 Jul 2011, 00:20
Location: Rochester NY
Contact:

Re: TrackMania² Canyon dedicated server quick start guide

Post by krone6 » 19 Aug 2011, 07:12

Thanks for this guide. I've never setup a trackmania server before, heard it takes a painfully long time, though i went from a casual "i'll see what happens" to fully working and testing in 10-15 minutes. Was simple to follow and links were in the right spots. Nice job.
http://trackmaniaracers.com
My up and coming trackmania 2 canyon team. Intentions on expanding to all nadeo games eventually.

Feel free to come in and say hi, it's a casual and laid back team. If you have any suggestions feel free to pm me.



User avatar
Xymph
Posts: 1396
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 20:35
Contact:

Re: TrackMania² Canyon dedicated server quick start guide

Post by Xymph » 19 Aug 2011, 13:20

vebbomania wrote:Site down? http://www.gamers.org/tm2/quickstart.html
Loads fine for me.
krone6 wrote:Thanks for this guide. I've never setup a trackmania server before, heard it takes a painfully long time, though i went from a casual "i'll see what happens" to fully working and testing in 10-15 minutes. Was simple to follow and links were in the right spots. Nice job.
Thanks for the kind words.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

mrchipmunk
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Aug 2011, 20:13

Re: TrackMania² Canyon dedicated server quick start guide

Post by mrchipmunk » 29 Aug 2011, 21:47

Hmm... I've followed the instructions, including making sure the files and folders are the same user that the server is running under, and I get segmentation fault. I'm running kernel 2.6.32-5-686, but I'm thinking it could possibly be too old. For more information, check this hardinfo report: http://emora.cjb.net/misc/hardinfo_report.html

Thanks in advance

User avatar
Xymph
Posts: 1396
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 20:35
Contact:

Re: TrackMania² Canyon dedicated server quick start guide

Post by Xymph » 29 Aug 2011, 22:52

mrchipmunk wrote:Hmm... I've followed the instructions, including making sure the files and folders are the same user that the server is running under, and I get segmentation fault. I'm running kernel 2.6.32-5-686, but I'm thinking it could possibly be too old.
Nah, that should be recent enough, but some others also have segfaults with that. That has nothing to do with this guide though, so continue in the dedicated server thread.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

mrchipmunk
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Aug 2011, 20:13

Re: TrackMania² Canyon dedicated server quick start guide

Post by mrchipmunk » 29 Aug 2011, 23:05

Xymph wrote:That has nothing to do with this guide though, so continue in the dedicated server thread.
Yea. I herped a little. I forgot about the dedicated server thread. Thanks for the link.

Toodeloo97
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Jul 2012, 09:09

Re: TrackMania² Canyon dedicated server quick start guide

Post by Toodeloo97 » 08 May 2013, 00:15

Sorry but every tutorial does not help... It is too complicated for me to understand it. What do you mean with: 'Copy TM2/UserData/Config/dedicated_cfg.default.txt to dedicated_cfg.txt and edit' Should I rename the file dedicated_cfg.default.txt to dedicated_cfg.txt or what? Can somone please make video tutorial on that? I really ne one! :shock:

User avatar
steeffeen
Translator
Translator
Posts: 2472
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 16:22
Location: Germany

Re: TrackMania² Canyon dedicated server quick start guide

Post by steeffeen » 08 May 2013, 00:39

Toodeloo97 wrote:Sorry but every tutorial does not help... It is too complicated for me to understand it. What do you mean with: 'Copy TM2/UserData/Config/dedicated_cfg.default.txt to dedicated_cfg.txt and edit' Should I rename the file dedicated_cfg.default.txt to dedicated_cfg.txt or what? Can somone please make video tutorial on that? I really ne one! :shock:
well as you probably don't want to hear me talking english for more than a few seconds i will just try to explain it by writing stuff :lol:

the step you're describing is pretty much copy+pasting the whole file, i don't know where you're editing the server files but in normal windows it would be: selecting the file, pressing ctrl+c, pressing ctrl+v
this step is done to create a backup copy of the default configuration file so you can use the default one again later

you can name the new file like anything you want, in your tutorial it's just suggested to name it dedicated_cfg.txt
the next step will be the editing of the new configuration file in order to provide the needed information for the dedicated server
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

    ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks

    Post Reply

    Return to “Dedicated Server”

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests