Docker for Maniaplanet Dedicated Server ?

Moderator: NADEO

oliverde8

Docker for Maniaplanet Dedicated Server ?

Post by oliverde8 » 19 Oct 2016, 19:57

Would anyone actually be interested ?

I started to do something for my own usage and if people are interested I could make it better(cleaner) and public
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...

fng_thatoneguy

Re: Docker for Maniaplanet Dedicated Server ?

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 19 Oct 2016, 20:46

I would be interested in reading documented steps in how you set up the docker container for it.
I've wondered if that could be a really great thing. :thumbsup:

magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by magnetik » 20 Oct 2016, 08:18

I have tried it a while back, and the server refused to work in docker, did you had more luck ?

I didn't took the time to investigate the problem and maybe it was probably something on my side.
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!

Miss

Post by Miss » 20 Oct 2016, 16:08

Mini has been experimenting with this a while ago: https://github.com/MiniGod/maniaplanet-dockerfiles
1070 GTX, i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

MiniGod

Post by MiniGod » 20 Oct 2016, 16:44

Thanks Miss :thx:

It does work, but the setup is fairly complicated because the server sends it's IP and Port to the MasterServer. Hopefully the readme is clear enough.

It's on docker hub:
https://hub.docker.com/r/minigod/maniaplanet/

As the readme says, the most basic run command is like this:

Code: Select all

docker run \
  -p 2350:2350 -p 2350:2350/udp \
  --name mycanyonserver \
  minigod/maniaplanet \
  /login=canyonserver /password=foobar \
  /title=TMCanyon \
  /game_settings=MatchSettings/TMCanyonA.txt
You should be able to copy paste that and just change the login and password, and it should work.

And suggestions or pull requests are very welcome.

oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 20 Oct 2016, 18:39

This is great :D hadn't found it when I looked for something like this but it was quite a while back :)

need to use this :D so now container for eXpansion

Edit : I quite like the solution for the id retrieve and multi server, I was putting the ip & port manually.
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...

oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 29 Sep 2017, 20:22

Hi I am a bit resuscitating this post.

I wanted to use this docker the other day then realized that it was running an old version, and as the dedicated server comes without any Title Packs it needed a different approach.

After a bit tinkering I did some "different" docker images. Basically there is a main image that install the dedicated only but can't be uses as it is, and there is the tags which have various environments installed.

If anyone needs there :
https://hub.docker.com/r/oliverde8/mp-dedicated/

I try and keep them up to date.

Miss

Post by Miss » 29 Sep 2017, 21:03

There's also a PyPlanet one, I don't know if that's updated: https://github.com/PyPlanet/maniaplanet-docker
1070 GTX, i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 29 Sep 2017, 21:09

I had seen that one, but it slightly bothered me to have packs downloaded at execution instead of being part of the image.

It adds choice :D

toffe

Post by toffe » 29 Sep 2017, 22:14

The PyPlanet one is not quite finished. You can adjust it and make pull requests to remain it in one repo and have one stable one. I'm planning on using it more often. Planned is to make a docker-compose file for PyPlanet, database and dedicated.

The packs are indeed downloaded at execution, and not nicely yet. It's done because packs can and have already been updated without dedicated update.
EDIT: Also the reason behind is to support external titlepacks later on, and have them in a volume.

Return to “Dedicated Server”