How to setup a Maniaplanet Dedicated Server [Tutorial]

Moderator: NADEO

BestNoob

Re: How to setup a Maniaplanet Dedicated Server [Tutorial]

Post by BestNoob »

You need IPv4 because it doesnt work with IPv6.
To join my TM Servers, search for: bestnoob :thumbsup:
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

pauloshinobi wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 00:54
fng_thatoneguy wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 00:03 That is typically a firewall issue. Do you have access to the router and/or software firewall your server is behind to make sure the application is allowed through? Default ports are 2350 and 3450.
I opened 2 ports on Windows firewall and used those on the server configuration files.

What and how should I verify if my router configuration is the source of the problem?

Thanks!
To help with that we'll need to know what brand and model of router you have and to know if you can log-in and inspect/make changes to it.
If you don't want to wait for interaction with us, you can research:
portforward.com
Find your router there. You'll need to ensure those ports are forwarded from your router to your server machine.

If you get stuck, let us know and we'll try to assist you further.
... though you should probably start a new topic for the additional help, so we can keep this topic focused on the tutorial and any updates that need to be made to it ... Post the new topic link here so we can come find it and help you there.
pauloshinobi

Post by pauloshinobi »

Thank you guys!

My router is a Cisco DPC3928S. However while I await for further instructions, I will try to have a look at that site you mentioned at night after work.

Once again thank you very much.
Fatalr0ck

Post by Fatalr0ck »

HI all, I tried to launch my server.

The bat file works but not the serveur.

here is what the log shows :
[2019/01/17 05:30:48] Starting ManiaPlanet date=2018-12-20_21_00 Svn=88388 GameVersion=3.3.0...
[2019/01/17 05:30:48] WARNING: No system configuration file
[2019/01/17 05:30:48] Loading cache...
[2019/01/17 05:30:49] ...OK
[2019/01/17 05:30:49] ...ERROR: Could not determine the title to use.
First... Why I don't got any configuration file if I did it...?
Then, what is the problem with the " title " ?
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

A few questions:
  1. Are you running on Linux or Windows? (Assuming Windows because you mentioned "bat file" but we need to be sure)
  2. What does your command-line look like in your bat?
  3. Are you specifying title in the command-line, or in the MatchSettings file?
... there may be more questions, but this can help us begin to assist ...
(though should these server help requests be moved to another thread?)
Fatalr0ck

Post by Fatalr0ck »

fng_thatoneguy wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 08:57 A few questions:
  1. Are you running on Linux or Windows? (Assuming Windows because you mentioned "bat file" but we need to be sure)
  2. What does your command-line look like in your bat?
  3. Are you specifying title in the command-line, or in the MatchSettings file?
... there may be more questions, but this can help us begin to assist ...
(though should these server help requests be moved to another thread?)
1 - i'm on Windows 10 ye.
2 - When I execute the .bat file, it opens the cmd, then it's login on maniaplanet, Then it asks me to press a key to continue and it closes when I do.
3- I do specify the title line in the Matchsetting file. Log is a transcription of what happened in the cmd...

PS : Sry if it's not the good words for ya I don't speak english very well ^^'
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

For #2, I was asking what the command-line looks like inside the actual text file that is {whateverYouCalledIt}.bat.
Will you edit that file and copy the line from it so we can see if there is any problem with it?

Also, will you copy the line from the MatchSettings file that specifies which title?

My guess without seeing those is that there is a misspelling or something on the command-line in the .bat file for specifying which dedicated config file to use when running the server.

It should read like:

Code: Select all

/dedicated_cfg=dedicated_cfg.txt
(but changed to whatever your file is named after the = character)

It automatically looks for it inside ~/UserData/Config folder, so make sure you put that file there and don't try to point to its path.

Please show us the things I asked for above so we can help you determine if any corrections are required.
Fatalr0ck

Post by Fatalr0ck »

fng_thatoneguy wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 17:30 Please show us the things I asked for above so we can help you determine if any corrections are required.
Here is what's in my bat file :
echo off
ManiaPlanetServer /title=TMStadium@nadeo /dedicated_cfg=dedicated_cfg.txt /game_settings=MatchSettings/maplist.txt
if %errorlevel% NEQ 0 pause
I tried to do as the tutorial btw...
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

That looks legit. You are specifying the title on the command-line via the .bat file so that will override what is in the MatchSettings file, and that is great for what you are doing.

One thing I would recommend is to make sure your Windows Explorer (Files Explorer) window is set to show file extensions for known file types. Then confirm that your dedicated_cfg.txt isn't named dedicated_cfg.txt.txt -- that would cause ManiaPlanetServer.exe not to find it.

Are you Discord or Skype? If so, send me a private message here and we'll see if we can find a time for me to help you in real-time to get you up and running faster than waiting for thread responses.
karterhns

Post by karterhns »

Hello guys,

I've follow all this tutorial and my server is working fine, So a huge thanks for this !! But i still have problem, it seems like certain map doesn't work.

In example i've uploaded this map to Mania-Exchange that a friend of mine did, it's ID is 164124.

I tried to put it manually first in the My Maps section while adding it to the matchsetting config file like all the others but this one just can't work on my server.

I even tryed to add it with the command that you mention at the end with /admind add IDNUMBER,but same problem there. If i put only this map on the server it won't start at all ( i have an error message: " ERROR:No maps in the playlist match the server settings." ) and i have nothing in uaseco logs neither in the logs of the dedicated server.

I've attached my matchsettings file.

I hope someone could help with that because it's been 2 days struggling with this.

Since Then i have the same problem with another map (i've attached it too) and i verified thoroughly that the maps are well validated.

I feel like it's a "version" problem because all of my old maps are working fine.

Thanks in advance for any responses :)
Attachments
The-Boring-Beaver.Map.gbx
(531.97 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
maplist.txt
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

Return to “Dedicated Server”