ManiaplanetServer 2018-02-05

Moderator: NADEO

eyebo
Translator
Translator

Re: ManiaplanetServer 2018-02-05

Post by eyebo »

Thanks for the early access to the server. I'll update MX's servers.

Also thanks for the preview of the client update. Testing some stuff now. :thumbsup:

I can already see mesh modeler items display properly in multi environment. So happy to see that fix!
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

I've updated the client preview
http://files.v04.maniaplanet.com/setups ... etLogs.zip

With:
* some more fixes with items
* TM: playing against a multiple slection of replays no longer only uses one ghost.
* TM: fixes Recordmediatracker issues with script modes.
* a fix for a server crash triggered in AgE (well, I have yet to rebuild the server with it)

I plan on releasing the update tomorrow, hopefully.
CavalierDeVache

Post by CavalierDeVache »

I have updated all my servers config files with

Code: Select all

<save_all_individual_runs>False</save_all_individual_runs>
but the new server is saving all the replays anyways.

Ubuntu Linux 16.04 running 3 stadium servers from one directory.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

skyslide says he's getting a freeze when loading Mesh Modeler with the client preview you posted today.

Not having the issue here, but I'm curious if others may have it as well.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Two weeks ago I asked on a few Discord servers what bugs people knew about that still existed in the game. These were the ones that were sent to me. There's also a few of my own in here. Some are more important than others, but I figure you devs know best about which ones are the most pressing to fix.

Then again, some may be quite easy fixes, even if they're of lesser importance. I'm sorry I don't have forum links with reports for every bug. I also realize some fixes will require lightmap updates on maps, so I guess you'll probably push those off until the next big update that requires recomputing LMs. Anyway, thanks to everyone who submitted these reports to me, many of whom don't really use the forums, but wanted to contribute anyway. I'm happy to pass them along.

And I also realize it's quite late to send this list for the current update, but maybe some will get included in the next one.

You're already fixing one of the biggest bugs I've worried about since the MP4 release...
  • Items: Fix custom items when using multi-environment titles.
And I'm also quite excited about these fixes:
  • Items: Items edited in the mesheditor are now much smaller (disk size).
  • Items: When embedding items into maps, discard the icon to save space.
  • Items: Items on disk properly override embedded items when opening the map in the editor
  • Items: The icon is now included into the file when using the item editor.
  • MediaTracker: "ImportGhost" now can also import individual Ghost.Gbx files, and can import all the ghosts from a folder.
  • MeshEditor: improvements and the beginnings of a custom material editor.
  • TM: playing against a multiple slection of replays no longer only uses one ghost.
Some of those were also reported to me over these past two weeks.

Anyway, onto the list of reports I received:

GAMEPLAY

SOLO CAMPAIGNS
  • TM: Missing the ability to drive against your PB and WR at the same time in Solo Campaigns.
  • TM: A frame-perfect retire on the finish line in solo campaign tracks throws you back into the track selection menu (exists since MP4).
  • TM: The first time you play a solo campaign track and select a WR (or any other player ghost) as your opponent the game will let you play against the ghost. Then, when you finish the run, it asks if you want to improve your time. You do. But now, instead of the opponent ghost you've chosen, it automatically changes your opponent to be your PB. It shouldn't change without you choosing.
  • TM: CP comparison bugs when playing against an opponent ghost. It shows a completely wrong CP difference when you have the same time as the opponent ghost at the same CP. For example, you pass CP1 with a time of 14.56. The ghost has the same CP time down to the thousandth. Then the CP difference is displayed as +14.56.
MULTIPLAYER
  • TM: Laps mode. After 10 laps (sometimes less), the CP times are gone. (Report)
  • SERVER CHAT: URL is broken in server chat if URL is long enough to wrap to another line.
  • SERVER CHAT: Players should not be allowed to hijack server chat line breaks by putting a $ at the end of a chat line. Only server controllers should be allowed to do it.
  • SERVER CHAT: Players should not be allowed to hijack server chat formatting by putting some formatting and then $<
    It changes everyone's chat to whatever formatting is chosen by the malicious user. Only server controllers should be allowed to do it. (Report)
  • SERVER CHAT/DISPLAY NAME: Adding formatting and then $< to the end of your display name will hack the chat on servers and display that formatting for everything you say.
  • STORM: Spectator mode. In ManiaPlanet 3 almost every mode had a spectator cam which was following the most important player (elite = attacker / speedball = ball carrier). Now you have to navigate yourself to spectate the important player. It also provides your teammates in elite with a wallhack sometimes.
  • Multiplayer leaderboards are missing.
LOCAL PLAY
  • In Local Play \ Single Map, why is my ghost always the previous run I've driven, and not my personal best? Generally I'm always wanting to beat my best time, not my previous time.
  • In Local Play \ Single Map, no time differences are shown at CPs. It should compare your time with your best time.
  • Map comments (from the author) are not shown in the new UI when selecting a track from Local Play \ Single Map.
  • Splitscreen mode missing in new TitlePacks and broken in old TitlePacks.
GENERAL
  • Dynamic day/night cycle causes the game to freeze momentarily (when it changes from day to sunset and night to sunrise). Happens most often in Valley.
  • STADIUM: Some remaining driving bugs. Landingbug, Midroadbug, Road-Transition (Report)
  • STADIUM: Backwards speedslide has inconsistent speed gain.
  • STADIUM: Default StadiumCar has exhaust flames, but no damage. Custom StadiumCar models have damage, but no exhaust flames.
  • LAGOON: Speedbugs persist on rollercoasters. Makes it difficult to use them competitively.
  • VALLEY: You get a speedboost when landing on moving trains. It'd be nice to be able to land and ride on them. Yes, we're crazy.
  • STORM: Projections for custom water (items) should be at the level the water is placed at, not at ground level. Prevents wallhacks.

CREATIVE

MAP EDITOR
Building:
  • MODS: Can't select a mod when first creating a map. You can only select a mod by holding CTRL when clicking to edit the map. Suggestion: maybe have the mod selection menu hidden unless mods are present in the mod folder for that environment.
  • MACROBLOCKS: Items sometimes don't get removed in their source position when using cut/paste.
  • MACROBLOCKS: Macroblocks sometimes don't place clips for blocks that were drawn (for example Stadium 1-1-1 or Valley 6-5-8). They are saved in the macroblock, but if you place the macroblock, the clips holding the blocks together are lost (Screenshot - on right is the macroblock. On left is the placed macroblock)
  • ENVMIX: Can't use other cars for EnvMix in Stadium.
  • STADIUM: "Cut" in Stadium sometimes leaves little pieces of dirt when cutting dirt.
  • STADIUM: Sometimes the game thinks you're in Stadium water, when you're not. (Video) The video is an extreme example. It also happens within the boundaries of the map. Extreme angles near the water's edge seems to activate a water bounce.
  • STADIUM: Sign changes based on distance to it (Video)
  • TM: Maps are not invalidated when loaded into the editor with items missing.
  • MACROBLOCKS: You place an inflatable in Stadium, then "select all", then "cut", and then place the inflatable into the map and its bugged like in this screenshot. Keissla can reproduce it every time. I haven't been able to reproduce it myself, and neither could Kousseau.
Blocks:
  • LAGOON: Placing 8-6-2 at its lowest height does not emit light.
  • LAGOON: 1-3-5 floating scenery on the ground variation (Screenshot)
  • LAGOON: 1-3-6 floating scenery on the ground variation (not as bad as 1-3-5 though)
  • STADIUM: Missing faces on wallride & quarter pipe blocks when placed in certain configurations. Not related to mixmapping or map conversions. It's the result of clips being added to certain blocks. And whereas Canyon compensates well in the same scenarios by adding the clips back, Stadium does not. (Report)
  • STADIUM: Sideparts of Stadium 5-2-3 and 5-2-5 not solid (Report)
  • VALLEY: 5-11-4 ground variation missing a face on top of a pillar.
  • VALLEY: 8-3-3 missing faces on outside wall
  • VALLEY: 8-3-5 missing faces on outside wall
  • VALLEY: 8-3-8 missing faces on outside wall
  • VALLEY: Inconsistent cobblestone transitions (Report)
  • VALLEY: 7-3-8 Floating rocks and bushes (Report)
  • VALLEY: 3-4-5 black textures after shadow calculation (Report)
  • VALLEY: 1-7-1 and 1-7-4 missing textures after shadow calculation (Report)
  • CANYON: 3-5-1 / 2 / 3 missing faces (Report)
  • CANYON: Z-fighting on some Canyon terraforming variants using block 10-1-7 (can give examples if needed)
Validating:
  • TM: Validate mode does not show lap number when driving a multilap map.
  • TM: No time differences shown when driving author time/validation. Difficult to improve AT when you can't see where to drive faster.
  • TM: When validating, the ghost you drive against is your previous run, not your PB. The ghost (toggle with "G") should always be your PB on the current version of the map.
  • TM: No option in the UI to save your validation run after driving it. You can choose to improve, and then press "R". But this is not obvious to most players.
  • TM: While validating a map, you can retire at the exact moment you cross the finish line and it will take the last CP time. It basically allows you to cheat the AT. (Report)
Saving:
  • ALL: Start a map in day. Set night as the new static time of day using the slider for dynamic time of day. When saving the map, it will still save as a day map (in the header info). Suggestion: Perhaps the mood in the header should change based on what time of day you set it to in the editor, or at least the closest approximate mood.
  • ALL: Can't save maps with certain characters (dots, colons, slashes and backslashes) (pre-MP4 you could).
MEDIATRACKER / REPLAY EDITOR
  • Map intros when played online are limited to 20 seconds (just since MP4). This cuts off many old intros, especially on RPG maps.
  • Recording a ghost inside MediaTracker uses the old HUD.
  • Fix the "Cut Block" button in MediaTracker. Currently it does nothing. (Screenshot)
  • STORM: Old replays (replays saved before mp4) are bugged now. You can't see any rockets anymore and the sound of the rockets are also gone. You also can't see +1 for a hit anymore.
  • STORM: Various bugs that HYPE mentioned in a report.
    He says most bugs are still there.
  • TM: Replays saved when map has no outro have a race camera that doesn't stay directly behind the car. It alternates from side to side. Especially noticeable on technical maps and drifty corners. Most noticeable in Canyon. You can see it quite clearly in this video. Removing the cam, placing it again, and re-targeting the car is a workaround.
  • STORM: "Respawn Stop" doesn't work in ShootMania, for disabling an active MT clip upon respawn.
  • STORM: "In Clip Only" doesn't work in ShootMania, for activating an MT clip only while player is inside the trigger.
  • ALL: Camera Custom with anchors in the MT is partially broken. If you switch the replay, the camera jumps to the next one with its previous relative position.
  • TM: Trails are too weak/dim by default.
  • STORM: Trails don't work.
ACTION MAKER
  • If you save a new animation created in MP4 and test, it apparently wont work.
MESH MODELER
  • Creation of a large face (after creation, it consists of multiple faces) causes some faces to be on the wrong side of the plane. (Report)
  • Mesh modeler crashes when trying to use the materials mode when having red edges (bound to too many faces) (Report)
  • When creating an item from block model, it will hold some metadata (file size) even when deleting all vertices in the mesh modeler (Report)
  • Maniaplanet says you have unsaved changes when exiting the mesh modeler when you already pressed the save button right before. (Report)
  • When you create an item and add an icon to the item, the icon is not saved in the item itself. Then when sharing the item you must also share the icons. (Report)
  • In Canyon Mesh Modeler there is no Turbo texture. (Report)
  • Opening Mesh Modeler to see an item's properties changes the author of the file, even without saving the item. (Report
PACKS / TITLEPACKS
  • IMPORTER: Texture Model TDSNI_Night doesn't work - Illums are not visible in-game
  • TITLE MANAGER: Bring back/rework the gbx title manager on https://v4.live.maniaplanet.com/ (since mp4 you can´t generate keys for packs or manage them in general // deleting f.e.)
  • OFFICIAL RECORDS: There's a message that says your official times will be removed if you unload a title from your stations. This is apparently outdated. If you unload a title, your official times are not lost.
  • TITLEPACK: TM2 MultiEnv TitlePack not updated for MP4. (If you're not going to update it, please say so, and I'll stop requesting it in these posts). We do have other alternatives (user made ones), but many of us hold our breath until word comes down about an update to the official one.
  • TITLEPACK: Canyon Platform TitlePack not yet updated to MP4.
USER INTERFACE / USER EXPERIENCE
  • FILE LISTS: When viewing list of maps or replays, you can't jump to the start or the end, or skip 10 pages at once.
  • FILE LISTS: Better sorting for map/replay lists would be nice. Maybe add a sort-able column for environment and a column for date the file was saved, at least for replays.
  • MATCHSETTINGS: Missing a "Select All" button when creating matchsettings in-game. Selecting hundreds of maps is quite tedious. And if the script crashes (which it does often if you're clicking very fast), you lose all your work of selecting maps. For now I use the old TM2 titlepack to create matchsettings because the old UI is superior in this respect.
  • TEAMS: We can't manage teams through player page anymore. We do still have clublinks, but many players would like to have the teams feature back, or something like it.
  • MOUSE: Mouse cursor does not disappear as it should when you stop moving it after a switch from SM to any TM title.
  • OPTIONS: If you enter "Options \ Profile \ Advanced" before entering any title, you will see a lot of boxes you can't tick. Perhaps hide those if you haven't opened a title yet? Or maybe make it possible that this is a global setting that overrides whatever setting you've chosen for an individual title. (Screenshot)
  • DEBUG MODE: Fix the debug mode text areas (we don´t need the vertex view for text ^^) (Screenshot)
  • PLAYER PROFILE: Can't see a player's car/skin in their profile when playing on a server.
  • FILE LISTS: Host a server in-game and then close the server. The map you last played will disappear from your maps (until a client restart).
Last edited by eyebo on 11 Feb 2018, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Wow Eyebo, Great List!
Covers most of the important issues.
I would only add that we use to be able to "select all" replays in a folder to view or play against and cannot now.
"Select All" and or : Select a replay then, "Select all Compatible" would be nice.

Also I'm very happy to hear:
xbx wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 20:36 * TM: playing against a multiple slection of replays no longer only uses one ghost.
I plan on releasing the update tomorrow, hopefully.
:gobananas:
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
hackie

Post by hackie »

What about that server bug , already reported by Spam multiple times.
He canceled his weekly race cause of this.
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
MTKD

Post by MTKD »

sometimes, if i try to fire up the Server it's so that this happens often:

Code: Select all

[2018/02/05 14:17:05] Loading system configuration...
[2018/02/05 14:17:05] ...system configuration loaded
[2018/02/05 14:17:05] Loading cache...
[2018/02/05 14:17:05] ...OK
[2018/02/05 14:17:05] Loading dedicated server configuration...
[2018/02/05 14:17:05] ...Dedicated server configuration loaded
[2018/02/05 14:17:05] Connecting to master server...
[2018/02/05 14:17:06] ...OK
[2018/02/05 14:17:07] Identifying on master server...
[2018/02/05 14:17:38] ...master server error: (12 002) Cannot connect to the server (12002)
[2018/02/05 14:17:38] ...ERROR: Cannot connect to the server (12002)
[2018/02/05 14:17:38] ERROR: Connection to master server lost. Exiting...
[2018/02/05 14:17:39] Exiting...
in mp3 it has worked fine, everytime

EDIT: i use the Linux compile
Last edited by MTKD on 08 Feb 2018, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

hackie wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 18:14 What about that server bug , already reported by Spam multiple times.
He canceled his weekly race cause of this.
It's in the big list I posted...
TM: Laps mode. After 10 laps (sometimes less), the CP times are gone.
Demented wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 16:16Wow Eyebo, Great List!
Covers most of the important issues.
I would only add that we use to be able to "select all" replays in a folder to view or play against and cannot now.
"Select All" and or : Select a replay then, "Select all Compatible" would be nice.
Thanks. And yes, that would be nice as well!
I have quite a few other things people sent in as "wishes" (things that have never been in the game), which I'll post in another big post in a day or two, somewhere else in the forum.
bern

Post by bern »

hello ,,, certainly improved the performance ,,,
but on my server before I needed to restart many times in a day ,,,
but yesterday I was informed of lag ,,,
local times did not reach the database and were not shown in the game ,, desperately I had to restart ,,,
also when you exceed the 16 players in a server ,, you start to notice the lag ,,,
I think you have to fix this problem ,,, or maniaplanet can enter a stagnation of development. I think it needs urgent intervention from the developers or it will end with the patience of many players.

Regards.

Return to “Dedicated Server”