ManiaplanetServer 2018-07-03

Moderator: NADEO

xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: ManiaplanetServer 2018-07-03

Post by xbx »

fng_thatoneguy wrote: 03 Jul 2018, 21:31 Should we disabling P2P in our client settings and/or on the server when we test?
no, you shouldn't. (I did temporarily disable the part of the P2P that doesn't work, in the exe.)
TMarc wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 07:14 When you fix the updater issues... how shall people who actually have those issues get the update? :roflol:
Will you create and publish a new Maniaplanet Setup.exe ? (the ~100MB downloader from the Maniaplanet main page)
hehe that's always the problem.. (the exe is the first thing we download so that if you need to retry, you're more likely to already have the downloader changes)

but yes, of course I will update the setup (as I always do!)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

perfect, thanks :thumbsup: :thx:
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

xbx wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 10:41
fng_thatoneguy wrote: 03 Jul 2018, 21:31 Should we disabling P2P in our client settings and/or on the server when we test?
no, you shouldn't. (I did temporarily disable the part of the P2P that doesn't work, in the exe.)
Awesome... well my first test was with two people joined to our internet server via LAN (I have to join via LAN because my router is being dork when I try to join via internet (another story for another time)).

The image below brings a tear to my eye (tear of joy). :thumbsup:
I'm excited to try with a clan member via WAN.

Question: Does (P) means peer-to-peer and (W) mean web (locator or server)?

I was able to have my child's player skin transferred with what looks like P2P
Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 »

Hello xbx,
thanks for this server update.
It seems the WriteFile method still does not work properly.
Linux e.g. either still throws "Request Too Large" - tested with this map or it says "couldn't write file" for smaller maps (tested with this) even though it has all the file permissions needed (even tested with running the server as root)
On Windows, smaller files (like the MrDvD Lagoon Mini 1 ~520kb) work perfectly with WriteFile, larger maps still throw Request Too Large error.

EDIT: Request Too Large error is due to GbxRemote in dedicated-server-api having too low of a request limit, raising that limit fixes that.
Now I only get "couldn't write file" on Linux while everything else works in Windows. Might be worth digging into.
Check out my Personal Twitter account!
reaby

Post by reaby »

Hi xbx,

Would it be possible to add timestamps for dedicated server console output, before for every line it sends!
Logs has this already, but not for console output, thanks in advance.

Return to “Dedicated Server”