Dedicated server with local record

Moderator: NADEO

bern

Re: Dedicated server with local record

Post by bern » 08 Jul 2018, 16:05

Miss wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 11:50
I concur; do yourself and your players a favor and stay away from uaseco. PyPlanet is so much faster and cleaner, and uaseco's default settings are WAY too bloated. (Also, PyPlanet probably has better support, since I think undef has said he stopped supporting uaseco..)
1. thanks to uaseco, pyplanet, maniacontrol, ml expansion and sorry if I leave some other driver, we have diversity to choose
2. Each controller will adapt more or less to your needs and tastes
3. Respect the great work and difficulties that these creators have been able to have these tools.
4. Think that without them, this would not exist :)

Miss

Post by Miss » 08 Jul 2018, 17:57

undef.de wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 12:08
Miss wrote:
since I think undef has said he stopped supporting uaseco..)
w00t? which undef was that?

EDIT: And every admin can change the default setup of UASECO. Also I visited a server which was using pyplanet and the widgets and fonts are much more thick then in UASECO. So that's only a personal opinion.
Weird. I recall you saying this very clearly in some post here, that you weren't working on it anymore. I also can't find the post very quickly anymore now, but eh. Apologies :thumbsup:

Also, you should change the default settings for uaseco, because as far as I remember, the default is waaay too much bloat.
1070 GTX, i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 09 Jul 2018, 04:07

Miss wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 17:57
undef.de wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 12:08
Miss wrote:
since I think undef has said he stopped supporting uaseco..)
w00t? which undef was that?

EDIT: And every admin can change the default setup of UASECO. Also I visited a server which was using pyplanet and the widgets and fonts are much more thick then in UASECO. So that's only a personal opinion.
Weird. I recall you saying this very clearly in some post here, that you weren't working on it anymore. I also can't find the post very quickly anymore now, but eh. Apologies :thumbsup:

Also, you should change the default settings for uaseco, because as far as I remember, the default is waaay too much bloat.
Are you perhaps thinking of Xymph and Xaseco2?

speedychris

Post by speedychris » 09 Jul 2018, 09:05

pyPlanet is nice, but Installation is hard and some (for me) useful features/functions of uaseco are not available.
Use a controller that satisfy your needs.

Miss

Post by Miss » 09 Jul 2018, 09:09

fng_thatoneguy wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 04:07
Are you perhaps thinking of Xymph and Xaseco2?
No, I'm fairly sure I saw undef saying this about uaseco, and then everyone responding with "whaaat!?" :?

Edit: Here's the post in question: viewtopic.php?p=297518#p297518 -- you didn't say you're not working on Uaseco anymore, but that you don't play TM anymore. Got it confused. Anyway.
1070 GTX, i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

toffe

Post by toffe » 09 Jul 2018, 13:49

Of course, I advice you to use PyPlanet, specially if you want a simple but good looking server controller with focus on stability and performance.
If you need any support, visit our site (https://pypla.net/) or contact me on Discord (Toffe#8999) so I can assist you when you need any additional help.

Good luck with your server and feel free to contact me :thumbsup:
Toffe

Return to “Dedicated Server”