Servers stopped due to dedicated server login disconnection.. ?!

Moderator: NADEO

Miss

Re: Servers stopped due to dedicated server login disconnection.. ?!

Post by Miss »

Yes this has been a problem for very long and I'm surprised people haven't heard of it before but I'm also surprised it's still not fixed. I was expecting it to be fixed with ManiaPlanet 4, but that was not the case :(
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

Actually its not the server that is crashing after 20-25 days. Its the connection of the dedicated server with the masterserver that will brake after that amount of days.

I also think its probably the masterserver that causes this issue. We have had this issue a few times in the past and we could see the server was still running but you could'nt access it. You usually get the error "corrupted login".

I also remember this issue was mentioned during the MP4 beta and XBX (NADEO) referred that the length of the connection had been even decreased in MP4. I even wonder if it is a real bug or a deliberate disconnect but perhaps XBX can give us more info on that.

Greetz,
Last edited by HaagseSmurf on 12 Oct 2018, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

I actually have a Windows Scheduled Task on my server to reboot the machine every 24 days for that very reason. :)
Harest

Post by Harest »

I thought by reading this thread, this issue was fixed. Doesn't seem so. 3 servers started at the same time got also disconnected from the masterserver at the same time. The cron task i did restarted them ofc shortly after (1 check for all servers every 10 min.).

Any update on that issue? Will it keep happen inevitably or will it be fixed for good at some point?
Harest

Post by Harest »

Cf. my previous message, i was induced in error since even a moderator said it was fixed. I wanted confirmation again and asked Jon about it. The issue is still well there.
https://twitter.com/jonthekiller/status ... 3988921349
JonTheKiller wrote:Translated: The limitation is still current. The correction is not simple because it impacts many other things and it is not the priority of Nadeo.
To what i answered i felt somewhat "reassured" (since i had doubts about something wrong on my side), and that i could understand why it wasn't a priority since it's only really a problem on RPG / Trial servers.

Maybe at some point i'll improve my cron scripts related to the servers and plan a server restart anytime past 20 days as soon as a server has 0 player on it, instead of waiting a server was stopped to restart it.
SSMThierry

Post by SSMThierry »

salut
jais u le même problème ya pas longtemps cela est a cause de la dernière version dedicated serveur du 24/10
jais mi celle du 10/10 et fini plus de coupure serveur
de SSM°Speed
mooseman2099

Post by mooseman2099 »

I was going to suggest maybe a track is killing the server as I had this once and had to delete the one that caused the issue.

Bang server dead. No errors.

Have to make sure all tracks work now before upload.

Return to “Dedicated Server”