SetModeScriptSettingsAndCommands not really that admin only... (callvote passed on S_TimeLimit)

Moderator: NADEO

Harest

SetModeScriptSettingsAndCommands not really that admin only... (callvote passed on S_TimeLimit)

Post by Harest »

Hi,

I just saw that S_TimeLimit on one of my 2 servers had changed. I saw in the ConsoleLog someone passed callvotes on it :

Code: Select all

[2018/09/01 11:45:35] New callvote: SetModeScriptSettingsAndCommands S_TimeLimit=800
[2018/09/01 11:45:35] Vote passed.
[2018/09/01 12:04:40] New callvote: SetModeScriptSettingsAndCommands S_TimeLimit=1 000
[2018/09/01 12:04:40] Vote passed.
I thought this kind of callvote was Admin only, how can anyone pass a vote like this ?
I added this in the configs and restarted the servers :

<voteratio command="SetModeScriptSettingsAndCommands" ratio="-1"/>
Is there anything like that i should be aware ? Since the commands list is incomplete and the doc is also far from complete, i'd like to not see anything like this anymore.
undef.de

Re: SetModeScriptSettingsAndCommands not really that admin only... (callvote passed on S_TimeLimit)

Post by undef.de »

Do you use a controller and which one? Maybe the controller bypass that by feature?
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
Harest

Re: SetModeScriptSettingsAndCommands not really that admin only... (callvote passed on S_TimeLimit)

Post by Harest »

I'm using PyPlanet (v0.6.0). I've callvotes and chat votes enabled. Not sure if it's the case or not indeed. If it's related to PyPlanet that votes admin only are available to anyone, i guess i'll have to open a new issue :p. I didn't see any option to not allow this.

Maybe "SetModeScriptSettingsAndCommands" isn't really admin only by default ? It's stated as admin only somewhere in the XML-RPC doc, only occurence of it :

SetModeScriptSettingsAndCommands(struct, struct) 	boolean 	Change the settings and send commands to the mode script. Only available to Admin.
But in the server config file, it's stated in the list with NextMap and RestartMap. The worrying part is the "..." in there.

By checking callvote in there too, it's also stated as admin only... So i guess there's some features missing in there atm when we allow callvotes in the controller, but could this same vote be started as a chat vote too ? I assume chat votes are way more limited by default.
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

Har3st wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 16:08 I'm using PyPlanet (v0.6.0) [...] but could this same vote be started as a chat vote too ? I assume chat votes are way more limited by default.
That's a question you should ask the developer from PyPlanet. :thumbsup:
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.

Return to “Dedicated Server”