[TM2S] Joining LAN Games Issue

Moderator: NADEO

legobildr

[TM2S] Joining LAN Games Issue

Post by legobildr »

Hi, this is my first time posting on the forums, but I've been having an issue that I can't find any help for online. I am running TrackMania2 Stadium, and do not own any other title packs.

I'll get right to the point, I'm trying to host a dedicated server on my pc, or another on my local area network. Regardless of which is hosting, when I attempt to join through online play I get the message: "Could not connect to server". If I join through local servers, I immediately get a script error screen saying that LocalPlayAPI.script.txt "could not find the server" and LocalPlayController.script.txt "The procedure Join_GetServerInfo_Result failed to complete". I have tried a full reinstall of both my game install, and of the dedicated server, but this issue still persists.
This error screen also shows up on both PCs if I attempt to join any lan game. But I have so far only tried this with someone hosting over Hamachi. Also, no one can see my server in their online or local servers lists, and I think this might have something to do with Hamachi.

I can attach specs, or the dedicated server's config files. I haven't yet, as I'm not sure it's the server, or my specs.
(Added a space before .com so I can post a link to a screenshot of my problem)
Last edited by TMarc on 01 Oct 2018, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed image link
hackie

Re: [TM2S] Joining LAN Games Issue

Post by hackie »

Some info : https://doc.maniaplanet.com/dedicated-server

If no one sees your server online maybe you need to open some ports ( modem , router ).

btw , what is Hamachi ?
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

hackie wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 21:59 btw , what is Hamachi ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LogMeIn_Hamachi
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
legobildr

Post by legobildr »

Well, due to factors outside of my control, I cannot open any ports. But this is why I use Hamachi, which allows users to create a virtual LAN network over the internet. In my opinion, this is not a network issue, but is instead something to do with the game or the server. Also, I have read the official documentation, and pretty much every post I could find relating to this topic, which is why I came to the forums asking for help.
Thanks for the reply though!

Return to “Dedicated Server”