Trackmania2Serverbox ( TM2SB )

Moderator: NADEO

XR_Merlin

Re: Trackmania2Serverbox ( TM2SB )

Post by XR_Merlin » 18 Sep 2011, 20:39

broric wrote:Great work Merlin :thumbsup: :clap:
So easy to set up and have a server running in just a few minutes.
Have only looked at Xaseco and Fast so far as they the tools I'm most familiar with from tmuf.
Is it possible to include fifi widgets in Xaseco2 and Gpp and locl recs in Fast4?
I found it easy enough to add Fast plug ins myself but others might not!
Also when setting up initial configure for dediserver it would be good to have options to select #of players & spec,
TA/ Rnds/laps, time limit/points/#laps, along with allow p2p & map down/uploads.
if not at initial config set up then at least in "Administration" under "edit config"

again well done and thanks for this fantastic tool :clap: :1010 :0010
1. Thank you! ^^
2. Your "Fufi Widgets Request":
Stop your Server. In TM2SB click "Administration"-> "Extras" -> "Update TM2SB", restart and have fun :D
3. Gpp and local records might be in the final release
4. P2P: I planned to implant that query in the Wizard... But: 99% of all users will answer with "yep", if they will be asked for the P2P-Feature - so i excluded that query.
5. Rounds, Laps, TA, Number of Players can be configured in the build in remoteCP!
wraith36 wrote:Can i ask how you add tracks.

Ive add more than 19 and i only see 19 in the show tracks while in game.
Is there something im doing wrong?

Plus is dedimania working now in tm2.

Other than that great setup.
Thx for the hard work. :1010
1. Trackmanagement: Thats a question for the Dedimania/XAseco/Fastthread, isn't it?
2. Thank you! ;)

GriNz

Post by GriNz » 19 Sep 2011, 04:52

Alright so I downloaded this, did everything on the main page, but for some reason when i go ingame to the server, the plugin, xaseco2, isn't showing up. I don't have a clue why. The only other thing that's odd that i noticed is that when i run usbwebserver 8.0 , apache will run fine but MySQL is stuck in the offline mode. When I hit start again, a "..." will apear for a few seconds then disappear only to leave me back in the same spot, with it still offline. Would that be causing the plugin not to show up? If so, how can I fix it? Thanks!

XR_Merlin

Post by XR_Merlin » 19 Sep 2011, 05:35

GriNz wrote: usbwebserver 8.0 , apache will run fine but MySQL is stuck in the offline mode. When I hit start again, a "..." will apear for a few seconds then disappear only to leave me back in the same spot, with it still offline. Would that be causing the plugin not to show up? If so, how can I fix it? Thanks!
Thats why the Plugin isn' t show up. Without a Database all Plugins won't run ( except FAST - FAST is connecting to an centralised Database ).

Don´t know what is wrong with your setting...

Normally it's a problem with your Firewall ( Did you choose "yes", when it ask for permission? ).
Or another Program running on Port 3306...

GriNz

Post by GriNz » 19 Sep 2011, 06:30

XR_Merlin wrote:
GriNz wrote: usbwebserver 8.0 , apache will run fine but MySQL is stuck in the offline mode. When I hit start again, a "..." will apear for a few seconds then disappear only to leave me back in the same spot, with it still offline. Would that be causing the plugin not to show up? If so, how can I fix it? Thanks!
Thats why the Plugin isn' t show up. Without a Database all Plugins won't run ( except FAST - FAST is connecting to an centralised Database ).

Don´t know what is wrong with your setting...

Normally it's a problem with your Firewall ( Did you choose "yes", when it ask for permission? ).
Or another Program running on Port 3306...
Yeah I chose yes for permission. I turned all my firewalls off and I'm still getting the same problem. Any suggestions?

XR_Merlin

Post by XR_Merlin » 19 Sep 2011, 17:25

Sorry... dont know...

Did I catch you right? Firewalls ? You have multiple Firewalls installed?

Try to configure your Firewall the right way.

If you´re using Windows 7 / Vista Firewall: Try the Free Version of "Firewall control" ( nice little programm which helped me a lot... )

GriNz

Post by GriNz » 19 Sep 2011, 22:25

XR_Merlin wrote:Sorry... dont know...

Did I catch you right? Firewalls ? You have multiple Firewalls installed?

Try to configure your Firewall the right way.

If you´re using Windows 7 / Vista Firewall: Try the Free Version of "Firewall control" ( nice little programm which helped me a lot... )
Well i meant Windows firewall and i had a another one installed but they've both been off for a while now. Sure you can't think of anything? I tried looking for some support for usbserver, but it seems to be little or none at all.

Joost050

Post by Joost050 » 20 Sep 2011, 00:36

Hi,

First of all thank you for making it possible for a noob like me to config a sever;) You really did a great job!

With that said i should now take my words back since I have a question hehehe..

When I save the matchsettings or the server settings ( in RemoteCP) it seems it is not getting saved at all. So when I restart the server all my settings are gone. What I noticed though is that the following path: TM2SB\SERVER\DedicatedServer\ManiaPlanetServer\UserData\Maps\Beta1Tracks\ is used as default save location.

As I said before I am a complete noob at this.. so can you help me out on this?

Thanks in advance!!

br

ps... Sigh I know my grammar is bad though I hope you guys are able to understand me! :D

XR_Merlin

Post by XR_Merlin » 20 Sep 2011, 05:38

GriNz wrote:Well i meant Windows firewall and i had a another one installed but they've both been off for a while now. Sure you can't think of anything? I tried looking for some support for usbserver, but it seems to be little or none at all.
If you don't have any programs running on Port 3306, I'm sure it's a problem with your firewall(s)
Dont want to o resume the old discussion which firewall is needed/is the best... but: The windowsfirewall is more than enough for the most user ( and more stable than zonealarm,sygate, etc! ). Try to deinstall your co-firewall and configure your windows-firewall with the above mentioned programm.

Joost050 wrote:Hi,

When I save the matchsettings or the server settings ( in RemoteCP) it seems it is not getting saved at all. So when I restart the server all my settings are gone. What I noticed though is that the following path: TM2SB\SERVER\DedicatedServer\ManiaPlanetServer\UserData\Maps\Beta1Tracks\ is used as default save location.
Try this Videotutorial: Upload tracks with remoteCP

hpvinzenz

Post by hpvinzenz » 23 Sep 2011, 14:33

its a great tool.but i have met some problem,i have registed in remote cp,but alway error,
[remoteCP Notice] Error, password invalid,how can i slove it???

broric

Post by broric » 23 Sep 2011, 15:17

I had the same problem. the first time i logged into local host i did so with the deault browser it opened, IE9.
I got errors on the page and was unable to see controls on the page. you have to use either Firefox or chrome to open RCP and you dont get any errors. this is explained in the video tutorial but the english version dub wasnt posted when i tried it :(
I guess this caused errors in RCP config files.
the next time i ran my server i couldnt log into RCP and was getting the error Msg "Invalid password"
I located the RCP admin file and editd the password , saved and tried to log in again but continued to get "invalid password" msg.
the only way i could solve it was to reset TMSB using "Zero State" button and start over with server config.
after getting server running again i was able to log into RCP using tm login and "admin" as password. i had no further problem after this as i wont use IE as browser again.
you may have to do the same.
be sure to save your match settings file and any maps you have downloaded as "zero state" erases all files and folders.
Good luck
My System specs
MB gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3, CPU= Amd Phenom X2 550 OC to 3.3ghz ,GPU- MSI-ATI 6850 Cyclone OC -830 mhz, RAM- 12 gig Kingston Hyper X cl9 DDR3 1600
OS win7 ultimate 64 bit

Return to “Dedicated Server”