How to convert .bik files to .webm

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

undef.de

Re: How to convert .bik files to .webm

Post by undef.de »

Create a animated Avatar or Sign from PNG-Files with FFmpeg to WEBM

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i image%02d.png -c:v libvpx -minrate 1M -maxrate 1M -filter:v "setpts=2.0*PTS" -b:v 1M -c:a libvorbis output.webm
In the current folder you have to place the PNG files, the name of them should be "image01.png", "image02.png"... "image99.png".

If the PNG files have a transparent background, then the resulting webm movie has that also and that is working in Maniaplanet.

If you want to speed up/slow down the animation speed, you can change the "setpts=2.0*PTS", details you can find here: https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.h ... 2c-asetpts.

Convert a BINK Video with FFmpeg to WEBM

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i avatar.bik -c:a libvorbis output.webm

FFmpeg download
FFmpeg (Linux, Windows, OS X)

Good luck!
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
Janiedaniel

Post by Janiedaniel »

In addition to convert BIK video to audio format, it even enables to convert other video to audio format or convert between various audio format like FLAC, OGG, Apple Lossless, VOC, QCP, CAF, M4R, AMR, APE, DTS, MPC, WAV, MP3 and etc.
MatheusKS

Post by MatheusKS »

Besides WebM, there are a open source format known in Linux community as Theora (.ogv or .ogg). It is from the same Foundation that comes Vorbis (.ogg) audio format - Xiph.org.
ManiaPlanet is supporting this format (for replay exporting)?
CPU: Ryzen 7 2600; Video: GeForce 1070; RAM: 16GB; also known as The Lil' Electricity Bill Booster. In-game as <MATKS95>
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

One format for animation is enough. BIK was cool, has very nice tool to convert anything to bik but UBI/Nadeo knows better. It will be safer if nobody suggest new formats that can replace old ones. :) I don't want to convert all my animations again. :P
xrayjay

Post by xrayjay »

Found a easy way to convert bik to webm without any dealing with installing ffmpeg or similar, just download WinFF from here > http://www.biggmatt.com/winff/
and these additional presets > https://groups.google.com/group/winff/a ... l?part=0.1

Import these presets by clicking File > Import presets , do your settings and hit convert - done.
(Preferred setting for webm output is "Google" > "Google Webm Generic Widescreen" ; you can also adjust the convert settings in the ffmpeg card // hit options button up right to see them)
WinFF is free :thumbsup:
Basically it´s a GUI for ffmpeg

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”