ManiaPlanet 4 update simply won't download

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

Ghinao

ManiaPlanet 4 update simply won't download

Post by Ghinao » 28 May 2017, 09:52

I have tried several times now to update to ManiaPlanet 4. It simply won't do it. The update resets itself every time I near about 80%. I'd like to play the Lagoon demo, but I now can't. Even more pressing is the fact that I can no longer access my legitimately owned copies of Canyon, Valley, and Stadium. I got the bug to play Trackmania again but I haven't been able to do anything but stare at the same update screen for hours. Nadeo, I really enjoy playing the Trackmania series, but it's really hard to enjoy said content when you're just staring at a looping upgrade bar.

I'm running an older Intel i5 Quad core, a GTX 1070 Strix, and 12 GB of RAM. I am not running any antivirus outside of Windows Defender.

TMarc

Re: ManiaPlanet 4 update simply won't download

Post by TMarc » 28 May 2017, 16:31

Always the same question apparently.
Try to disable your antivirus for the time of the download.
Check if you have enough disk space on C: drive (where your Windows is installed).
Alternatively download the setup from the Maniaplanet player page https://v4.live.maniaplanet.com/download
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

Ghinao

Post by Ghinao » 30 May 2017, 06:45

I appreciate the response. As I mentioned above, I'm not running any anti-virus aside from Windows Defender (can you turn that off?), I do have plenty of space on the C: drive. I will try the alternate download link. Thank you.

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 30 May 2017, 07:47

Defender can be turned off in the system control panel, also by installing a third party antivirus software (and that can also be disabled e.g. until the next reboot).

Good luck!

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

arjunmacho

Post by arjunmacho » 13 Jun 2017, 15:25

Hey there,
Is there any solution for this?????
I have tried many different networks, mobile hotspot, disable my antivirus, etc.
I have the Lenovo Y700 Gaming Laptop.
specs:- i7 6th Gen 6700HQ
8gb Ram dddr4, Nvidia gtx 960m.
Thanks for the reply in advance.

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 13 Jun 2017, 21:39

This looks like a general issue with your notebook then, despite its specification should be more than sufficient.

Did you already try to uninstall Maniaplanet and remove its files completely (after doing a backup)?

Regarding the account issues, you should contact Ubisoft support.

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”