FPS drop and low GPU usage

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

ogami

Re: FPS drop and low GPU usage

Post by ogami »

Hello Luckyboy,

I suppose you talked about ctrl+F11?

Here are three screenshots from the start up to 10 minutes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o55ksvd2brm6p ... ts.7z?dl=0
LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by LuckyBoy »

Thanks for the screens.
Yes you're right F11 was what I meant.
There is also Ctr+F12 to check your GPU is not using any powerstate (check the value is 0, a higher one means it's saving power / loosing perf).
=> please check also Ctr+F12 output

That's quite strange: according to your numbers, it looks car's cube reflect render cost more and more, though cost should be way more stable.
The 2nd thing is that def. read perf. is also raising.

Could you check performances without car reflects (in game config) ?

I've tried to reproduce that on a NVidia GTX 970 but without success. (driver 382.05 windows 10 - 64b)
(ValleyA09 like you said)

It's strange it looks likle something is accumulating in the render.

When you restart the race, does perf get back to normal ?

When you re-size (windowed /ex), does perf get back to normal ?

Thanks
ogami

Post by ogami »

Hello,

So to sum up, My initial case is:
Full screen, 4k (downsampled to a 2k resolution on a 144hz G sync monitor). FXAA on, Reflections high, everything else default. GPU Pmode is 0.

From my initial case i did the following:

1/ waited for the FPS to drop from 140 to 100, then set lowest car reflection (the lowest is "low", couldn't find an ingame option for no reflection): FPS jump to 120 then decrease steadily as in the initial case.

2/ set reflection to high again. The FPS immediately drop to 70 then continue to decrease. Pmode still 0

3/ switch to windowed, resolution is set to 1080p, FPS 60 FPS still decreasing. Pmode is switched to 2

4/ switch to full screen windowed, resolution is set to 2k, FPS start at 60 but again decreasing. Pmode is still 2

5/ try to switch back to full screen 4k but have some troubles doing so (this happens to me often), when i click "apply" the screen reverts back to full screen windowed 2k, after several tries, it works, Pmode switches back to 0 after 4 seconds. FPS are still 50-60 and still decreasing with time.

6/ I quit the map, in the menu FPS go back to 150 (the cap), then i re-enter A09, FPS are 70 and decreasing, Pmode is still 0
lemon

Post by lemon »

I get fps drop and low gpu usage too if I use nvidia dsr. Downsampling from 3325x1871 to 1920x1080. After 5minutes of playing Canyon A1 my fps drops from 250 to 70. Looks like your game engine doesn't like downsampling.

https://i.imgur.com/qM0bDDm.png
https://i.imgur.com/fqT1peb.png

Also I get insane micro stutter if I use g-sync in fullscreen mode even when I don't downsample.
ogami

Post by ogami »

To add to your post, it seems to be related to DSR being activated in Nvidia control panel.

If i play at native res without DSR activated, i get no problems; if i play at native res with DSR active i get fps drop and low GPU usage.

I also have stutters with g-sync.
romanobelucci

Post by romanobelucci »

I have problem in valley in few maps. When i get into bushes i have 72fps from 144. Adaptive vsync make a great difference. The drops now are from 144 to 135 ( only in 2 maps on bushes). Every map and car are solid 144.

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”