[TM2] KEY - Use Steam key in Maniaplanet 3

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

Heremeus

[TM2] KEY - Use Steam key in Maniaplanet 3

Post by Heremeus »

Hey,

I got my TM2 key (Canyon) on Steam and would like to use the frozen version of Maniaplanet 3. Now Maniaplanet 3 accounts seem to be seperate from Maniaplanet 4. I created an account in the Steam version of Maniaplanet and downloaded Maniaplanet 3. I was not able to log into Maniaplanet 3 with the account I created in the Steam version. Therefore I created a new account in MP 3. Now I can't activate my key for Canyon there, because it says 'This key requires Steam.'
Is it possible to play in MP3 with a key bought on steam? Older threads say you have to register within the steam version and use the same account on the Maniaplanet standalone. That does not seem to work for MP3 as the account was not found ('does not exist').

Cheers
Miss

Re: [TM2] KEY - Use Steam key in Maniaplanet 3

Post by Miss »

That is an interesting problem, with the workaround being having to load Maniaplanet 3 through Steam. I haven't tried this myself, but you can try this:

1. Rename "steamapps\common\ManiaPlanet_TMCanyon" to something like "steamapps\common\ManiaPlanet_TMCanyon_MP4"
2. Make the new folder "steamapps\common\ManiaPlanet_TMCanyon"
3. Move all of Maniaplanet 3's files to this folder
4. Start Canyon from Steam and register the key

Once the key is registered, you won't need to start it with Steam anymore, and you can revert the Steam build to Maniaplanet 4 by reversing the process in the steps above.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Heremeus

Post by Heremeus »

That's an interesting idea but sadly did not work. I followed your steps and logged into my MP3 account but it still says DEMO MODE. Trying to activate the key still results in 'This game key requires Steam'. I'll probably have to buy the game again (this time from nexway) and activate that key. I just fear, I spend more money on not being able to play this at work.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

If you got the key in Steam it was already registered to the Maniaplanet account you used at the first start.
Try to use the same Maniaplanet account then.
But with all the things you already have tried, I simply fear it won't work at all.

Puchasing a new key from the official Maniaplanet web shop (not in Steam and not in Uplay!) should work,
but you would also need to create the new account at home after doing a backup of your existing files (just to be sure).
Miss

Post by Miss »

Heremeus wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 18:33 That's an interesting idea but sadly did not work. I followed your steps and logged into my MP3 account but it still says DEMO MODE. Trying to activate the key still results in 'This game key requires Steam'. I'll probably have to buy the game again (this time from nexway) and activate that key. I just fear, I spend more money on not being able to play this at work.
Does Steam say that you're in-game when you launched Maniaplanet 3 from Steam?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Heremeus

Post by Heremeus »

Miss wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 20:57
Heremeus wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 18:33 That's an interesting idea but sadly did not work. I followed your steps and logged into my MP3 account but it still says DEMO MODE. Trying to activate the key still results in 'This game key requires Steam'. I'll probably have to buy the game again (this time from nexway) and activate that key. I just fear, I spend more money on not being able to play this at work.
Does Steam say that you're in-game when you launched Maniaplanet 3 from Steam?
Yeah, it says 'In game Trackmania² Canyon'.

I'm not sure anymore if I want to go for MP3 at all. The splitscreen is great but the lack of Maps is a big problem :?

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”