[TM2] CONNECTION - In-game update frozen [FIXED]

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

0yster

[TM2] CONNECTION - In-game update frozen [FIXED]

Post by 0yster »

I decided to start up this game after a while on steam and upon clicking OK on the mandatory update notice, I see the window "Updating game files: 306.7 MB and the bar below it showing how much it is completed at 0%. It is simply frozen there.

I've tried rebooting my internet, restarting the game multiple times, and also tried installing non-steam maniaplanet without any luck.

Any suggestions?

Hardware: Intel® Core(™) i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz; RAM 12 GM (It is an iMac mid-2011 w/ added ram)
System: Windows 7 64-bit; Single-user w/ Administrator
Network: Wifi; Speed Gigabit connection
Default browser: Firefox
Windows firewall. no anti-virus
Last edited by 0yster on 16 Mar 2018, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
0yster

Re: [TM2] CONNECTION - In-game update frozen

Post by 0yster »

I would also add that I downloaded that 5 GB setup file that I found from these forums, a link to which was posted by one of the posters.

I had the same issue. Once an update window shows up to download new updates in game, it just stays at 0%
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Attention, this complete setup is not for Steam, because it is the standalone client.
If you install it, Steam might download or update again some files.
0yster

Post by 0yster »

TMarc wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 08:05 Attention, this complete setup is not for Steam, because it is the standalone client.
If you install it, Steam might download or update again some files.
Thanks for the reply Marc

I know the setup isn't for steam and that it's a standalone client.

Like I said, I tried all those different ways to try to get the in-game updates to work but all that happens is the window for the update pops up and it doesn't download anything but stays at 0.

Now, I understand it may be a connection issue but i would assume that wouldn't be so since I am able to connect to my profile while I enter the game.

I must mention that I have had Trackmania for the longest time and I have never had this problem before. I also did not make any changes to my internet or my computer since the last time I played this game which might have been back in January of this year.
0yster

Post by 0yster »

I put my modem back to factory settings.Will try this tomorrow. I live in Pacific time.

In the meantime, any solutions are appreciated!

Surprised more people aren't having this issue.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Actually people do have this or similar problems, but they don't write the reports in the same way. ;)

Since January there have been a few updates of Maniaplanet, but for both the standalone and the Steam version I personally don't have such kind of issues.

Often a cause for connection or download problems are security stuff updates. E.g. Defender, antivirus, etc.

In rare cases the cause can be from Internet providers.
Or, at the daytime you're trying, server maintenance.

The best would be to try the current full setup, but it will certainly require updates again sooner or later.
0yster

Post by 0yster »

TMarc wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 14:17 Actually people do have this or similar problems, but they don't write the reports in the same way. ;)

Since January there have been a few updates of Maniaplanet, but for both the standalone and the Steam version I personally don't have such kind of issues.

Often a cause for connection or download problems are security stuff updates. E.g. Defender, antivirus, etc.

In rare cases the cause can be from Internet providers.
Or, at the daytime you're trying, server maintenance.

The best would be to try the current full setup, but it will certainly require updates again sooner or later.
So set my modem back to factory settings and it didn't make a difference (I thought)
I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and it made no difference (I thought

I simply ran the game and let the update window run and back back couple of hours later and the updates were finished.

So apparently, I never had to do anything i did but simply leave it be for a while. (I'm assuming those servers have a hard time reaching california lol)
I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry for a bit before i start playing
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

* Irrelevant, unhelpful comment follows :( :
0yster wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 06:28
So apparently, I never had to do anything i did but simply leave it be for a while. (I'm assuming those servers have a hard time reaching california lol)
Hi 0yster

LOL, that cracks me up! :o :D :shock: :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really, things can't be that bad in California, can they? I'm in a remote part of Australia (next-door to Antarctica) and I'm still waiting for the 2014 updates to finish. :? Just kidding...

Happy to see things are good for you now - so drive on mate!

Cheers. :pil
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
0yster

Post by 0yster »

nighthawk4571 wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 17:52 * Irrelevant, unhelpful comment follows :( :
0yster wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 06:28
Hi 0yster

LOL, that cracks me up! :o :D :shock: :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really, things can't be that bad in California, can they? I'm in a remote part of Australia (next-door to Antarctica) and I'm still waiting for the 2014 updates to finish. :? Just kidding...

Happy to see things are good for you now - so drive on mate!

Cheers. :pil
I've heard about the infamous Australian internet. Hope it gets better for you guys haha

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”