Mania Planet won't update, games appear to be gone from account

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

SebastianPeril

Mania Planet won't update, games appear to be gone from account

Post by SebastianPeril »

Hello there!

I decided I was going to play some Trackmania 2: Canyon today for the first time in a year, so I booted Steam,
clicked on the game and pressed play. Mania Planet launched and told me there was a mandatory 306mb update
so I clicked OK but it immediately throws an error at me the moment I click.

"Download or update of Maniaplanet_Skins.zip failed. Unable to contact the server: Internal error"

Mania Planet is not blocked by my firewall and clicking 'retry' does nothing so I clicked 'give up' and it moved on
to the next screen. When I click on the Titles category and select a game, a green install button appears but does
literally nothing when I click it most times. Sometimes I get a response from Mania Planet but it is telling me the
game is already installed in a station (which is a blatant lie). I then selected a station to see if I could drop the game
in there and get it working but not a single title appears when it asks me to pick a game to put in the station.

TL:DR: Mania Planet refuses to update and won't allow me to install any of the five games I own either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
SebastianPeril

Re: Mania Planet won't update, games appear to be gone from account

Post by SebastianPeril »

Well, it would seem I have already figured out a workaround but it is highly annoying!

The mandatory update of 306mb appears to be what was keeping me from playing my games (so I'm not sure why there
is even a 'give up' option). I managed to get Mania Planet to update by spamming the retry button. Approximately 2% to 5% of
the time it would download the file then bring up the 'could not connect' error again for the next file. Continued spamming
of the retry button got everything downloaded in the end but this is not really something that should be expected of people
each time there is an update! I only stumbled upon the workaround because I started spam clicking the button in anger :P

I'll leave this here for anyone else who finds themselves in this situation.
Alinoa

Re: Mania Planet won't update, games appear to be gone from account

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

Nice to hear that you fixed your issue and thank you for having posted what you did :thumbsup:
Enjoy the game!
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”