[Temp Solution] Nvidia SLI

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

DPi

Re: [Solution] Nvidia SLI

Post by DPi »

Is it right to classify this as a solution? It's great that the EVGA SLi patch has been improved, but it's not an official SLi profile and it would be good if Nadeo / Nvidia get this sorted soon. In a seperate post LuckyBoy stated that this was being worked on, is this still the case?
Shadowdane

Re: [Solution] Nvidia SLI

Post by Shadowdane »

DPi wrote:Is it right to classify this as a solution? It's great that the EVGA SLi patch has been improved, but it's not an official SLi profile and it would be good if Nadeo / Nvidia get this sorted soon. In a seperate post LuckyBoy stated that this was being worked on, is this still the case?
Yah I'd say its a temporary solution at best... this unofficial profile I made is still slightly glitchy in spots. HDR lighting especially tends to do weird things on the night maps with SLI turned on.

I read on the Nvidia forums that they are working on a proper SLI profile for the game, but it might require a patch to the game to get things working 100%. I hope Nadeo doesn't leave us SLI users out in the cold here!
Sys Specs: i7-860 @ 4Ghz / 16GB DDR3-1600 / Nvidia GTX680 SLI

* My TM2 Tracks!
Blueplayer

Re: [Temp Solution] Nvidia SLI

Post by Blueplayer »

Maybe that´s the official SLI profile?

It´s driver version 295.73

I don´t tested it yet.
Shadowdane

Post by Shadowdane »

Yes the official profile has been in the drivers for a few months, but sucks... performance is horrible! I'm surprised Nadeo or Nvidia has not fixed this yet!! WTF the game has only been out 5 months... way to leave some of your customers out in the cold!
Sys Specs: i7-860 @ 4Ghz / 16GB DDR3-1600 / Nvidia GTX680 SLI

* My TM2 Tracks!
themidgetman

Post by themidgetman »

First of all, thank you for the unofficial solution Shadowdane, it works great except for one flaw. For whatever reason, when i applied the changes to the SLI profile it causes all of the shadows in the game to flicker constantly. I enabled vsync in the game's settings and even tried forcing vsync through the nvidia control panel all to no avail. I also tried testing all of the different values of the gpu/cpu sync and none of them helped either. Any ideas?

My system:
i7 2600k @ 4.9ghz
SLI GTX 580 3GB @ 850/1700/2050
Nvidia driver 295.73
Nvidia Surround 6144x1152 resolution
romitkin1

Post by romitkin1 »

themidgetman wrote:First of all, thank you for the unofficial solution Shadowdane, it works great except for one flaw. For whatever reason, when i applied the changes to the SLI profile it causes all of the shadows in the game to flicker constantly. I enabled vsync in the game's settings and even tried forcing vsync through the nvidia control panel all to no avail. I also tried testing all of the different values of the gpu/cpu sync and none of them helped either. Any ideas?

My system:
i7 2600k @ 4.9ghz
SLI GTX 580 3GB @ 850/1700/2050
Nvidia driver 295.73
Nvidia Surround 6144x1152 resolution
I am unsure if it's related to your problem, but "Shader quality" value was causing many problems for me when set to Very high.
Sometimes the whole graphics was becoming red. Also, the game was freezing for a very short time every once in a while, although my FPS is 100-140.
Setting it to "High" just cleared all problems, and changed nothing in the graphic quality, at least nothing I could notice.
(off course this is with the unofficial fix. Without it, my FPS was 40-50 and shuttering).

I have SLI GTX 560 and 295.73 driver.
Korgull

Post by Korgull »

Hi,

Thanks for this temporary solution but i still have a problem with TM2 Stadium.
Problem is that i can't set the SLI Compatibility Bits value as describe, i just dont have any Compatibility options in nVidia Inspector !??

nVidia Inspector v. 1.9.7.1
nVidia driver v. 306.81

Can we hope for a permanent solution from Nadeo ?

Korgull
Pedal

Post by Pedal »

When you have nvidia inspector open, see to the right of "Driver version". There you have a "tools/settings" button with a wrench and a screwdriver on, press that button.

This opens the driver settings.

Now, find Trackmania 2: Stadium in the profiles list at the top and click it.

At the bottom of the top "compatibility" you will find "sli compatibility bits"

Click it and enter your value, save at the top and your done.

However, i have better results using "0x00500005" instead of the one provided earlier in this thread. Better scaling i Think on my system.
Korgull

Post by Korgull »

Hi,

First, thanks for your answer.
Now, as u can see on the image linked below, i still have no "Compatibility" zone in the window. Also noticed that "TM2 Stadium" was not appearing in the drop down menu, so i had to create a new profile and added "maniaplanet.exe and maniaplanetlauncher.exe" to that profile. But as u can see, no "Compatibility options" in the main window.

http://img.techpowerup.org/130410/nvidi ... 104545.png

I must say that i use only 1 gtx295 but having problems with the game.
Main problem is when i entrering 3D world and get ready to start a race, almost 8 seconds have passed on the chrono.
InGame menu works really fast but when in 3D world, if i press "escape" or "enter", it takes like 2-3 minutes before the menus open. Same happed when i'm at the replay screen and i clic on retry race, delay is quite long.

I've tried many many things like using 1 gpu, use 1-2 core, tried different graphics setting and many many more things, but nothing seems to work. I must admit that i'm completly lost with a solution.

Here's my specs :

Asus Striker 2 Extreme avec Supreme FX sound
Intel Q9400 Quad core
RAM 4 giga DDR3 1333 Kingston
Zotac GTX 295 896 Mo DDR3 (2 gpu)
Driver nVidia v 306.81
Power suply Thermaltake 850 watts
Case Antec 900
Samsung 22inches SyncMaster 2253BW
WinXP 32-bits SP3

Any help would be really appreciated.
btw, sry for my poor english !

edit : Even if i check "Show unknown settings" button, i dont have the Compatibility zone.

Korgull
Pedal

Post by Pedal »

I am sorry but i have no clue as to what might be your problem.

I notice though that we do have slightly different versions of inspector. I have 1.97

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”