Re: [TM2] Problem with install

Post by Omnixor »

you posted both posts :roflol:
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
possiblylethal

Post by possiblylethal »

Snorkers wrote:I also have the same problem install hanging at TMCanyon_HD.zip
Wow 54 pages of people with the same problem. I have the same problem.
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Did you try to download the game again with a download manager?
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Evanlore

Post by Evanlore »

No matter what I try, I always get a "The source file is corrupted" error message. I tried the downloader the site suggests, however for some reason that keeps on downloading over and over and over again. i.e. It downloads the full 1.24 gb (or whatever it exactly is), the bar goes to 100% and for some stupid reaon... it starts over again and again... and again.... and even.... again! Some help would be appreciated, thanks!
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Could you please specify your system specs and your internet connection? Did you try to deactivate your antivirus and firewall?
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Evanlore

Post by Evanlore »

Okay, with the firewall deactivated it downloaded, then I could start the install and now I keep getting stuck on the install with something called titles.zip. :(
Evanlore

Post by Evanlore »

It's been a week and still no help? Can anyone direct me someplace else for assistance? I'm starting to feel like I wasted my money... Any thing new to try would be appreciated.

Even with the firewall and antivirus off... the download manager still wants to go on and on and on....
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Sorry :oops:

Does the install stall or only the download of the updates?

Please provide a recent ManiaPlanet logfile, located in your documents folder\ManiaPlanet,
since it might give a indication of incomplete files at startup.
Evanlore

Post by Evanlore »

Oh, guess I wasn't clear... I'll do my best to be as thorough as possible seeing as how I have someone's attention now. :)

This problem at first had to do with the download. I did the direct download (of the 1.2gb file) and after running the exe I kept get getting a "The source file is corrupted." error message when attempting to install. So then I tried the download-manager that was suggested in my confirmation email, and that one would never ever complete the download. i.e. the bar would show as 100% complete, but then it'd mysteriously reset to 0% and start downloading the whole file... again! and again... etc...

Someone suggested I turn off the firewall and antivirus. So I tried that and it would still do the same thing. So I tried just forcefully stopping it when it would start the download a 2nd time (to see what would happen)... (usually it had time to get up to 1% again). This time around the installation would begin, but then it would get to...

this point...

"MediaPlanet\PacksCache\Titles.zip An error occurred while trying to copy a file: The source file is corrupted"

If I clicked on "Ignore" it would merely say the same thing about the next step in installation. i.e. TMCanyon.pak.

Here's my system specs...
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/30/2013, 15:44:36
Machine name: USER-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: BK262AA-ABL p6302f
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/26/09 16:01:30 Ver: 5.05
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6136MB RAM
Page File: 2500MB used, 9769MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Hopefully this is enough information for you guys to help me! :)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

This sounds strange indeed :oops:

Would you please give details about your hard disk(s), like how much is free on each partition?

Perhaps C:\ is full (happens quite easily with smaller SSD or small partitions), so the setup file cannot be completely extracted, hence the corruption message.
If you don't have a SSD as system disk I would also recomment to defragment it before downloading and installing larger files again.

Another hint:
To make sure your system has no other issue, e.g. network related, I would recommend you to see if you can download the whole 1.2GB setup again, but this time on a different PC, if possible not even at your home.

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”