Show your objects here!

Talk about the car skins/models, mods and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

Mandark

Re: Show your objects here!

Post by Mandark »

Flying cars for your sci-fi canyon tracks :mrgreen:
http://www.maniapark.com/ressource.php?id=3671
Specs
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
RAM: 16GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Demented

Post by Demented »

Fun Concept. :thumbsup:
Those make me smile. Nice.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Lol, you can't hold back progress :D
Funny items :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Demented

Post by Demented »

Ready for something different?
How about AUTO-GOLF!
This is an item kit for Lagoon for making Auto-Golf Courses.
The concept for AutoGolf is:
It is still a timed race. Landing your car in the hole saves you time. (similar to saving strokes in a good round of golf)
As in normal Golf, a little skill and a little luck are both needed to get you a good score.
Don't worry about clubs here... All you need is a good Driver!

This simple Item kit contains:
Five "Tees" which are launch ramps with different angles and named from "One Wood" to "Nine Iron".
Two Greens with holes that are artificial turf or can be flipped for real grass.
A "Drain" pipe to empty the hole into tunnels and an extension pipe for longer hole drops.
Two Flag items.
Two Sand Traps that can also be flipped for alternate styles.
And a simple terrain item to extend your greens if needed (also "Real grass" on one side and "Artificial grass" on the flipside).

[UPDATED TO NEW VERSIONS WITH CHECKPOINT DRAINPIPES] Nov.24, 2018:
Link to a Sample Track: NineHole AutoGolf V2
Link to the Item Kit: AutoGolf-Kit-V2
Last edited by Demented on 24 Nov 2018, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Lol that is super cool :D
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
scavfan

Post by scavfan »

Very creative idea :thumbsup:
Would be nice to see it in other envis too :D
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Very funny :thumbsup: :clap:
Demented

Post by Demented »

Thanks people. It is kinda funny and oddly addicting (for me anyway) to play.
To be clear, the idea isn't entirely mine. I played a track in TMUF Stadium that had a Golf Concept, but it was a platform race with the number of resets representing strokes and there were no custom items. My concept makes it a "Normal" (← right :lol: ) race, and adds the more Golf Style look with items which works well in the lagoon environments, gravity and kind of bouncy physics.
@ Scavfan - I have played with other environment cars and they work well too. Valley car was a bit light in weight resulting in longer hangtimes but I do hope to make a set for Valley. Canyon car works great and I may do that after Valley. Stadium car however lands upside down too often so I don't think I'll do Stadium unless an Official Stadium Enviro-mixing comes along later.

BTW - I don't usually lock my tracks so if anyone wants to look at how they are constructed they can be taken apart. I know it's kind of a risk to not password protect maps, but I like noobs or people curious to see how to do certain things to be able to use them as a guide.
If someone really wants to steal, well, may their conscience be eternally haunted :twisted: :P .
Last edited by Demented on 22 Oct 2018, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
scavfan

Post by scavfan »

Demented wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 15:31 Thanks people. It is kinda funny and oddly addicting (for me anyway) to play.
This exactly. Lagoon seems pretty fun when put into wacky hybrid of race and giant minigolf. :mrgreen:
@ Scavfan - I have played with other environment cars and they work well too. Valley car was a bit light in weight resulting in longer hangtimes but I do hope to make a set for Valley. Canyon car works great and I may do that after Valley. Stadium car however lands upside down too often so I don't think I'll do Stadium unless an Official Stadium Enviro-mixing comes along later.
I thought minigolf would fit in Valley nicely, like an actual golf course. Also, I wonder would magnetic tubes in holes make a difference?
Demented

Post by Demented »

scavfan wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 19:40 I thought minigolf would fit in Valley nicely, like an actual golf course. Also, I wonder would magnetic tubes in holes make a difference?
Yesterday I started on a set for Valley. Got the "Tees" (launch ramps) done and they work well. Good idea with magnetic holes. Ironically I modified tubes from my "Tube" collection and considered making them magnetic but (for no real reason) opted not to at last minute. I'd like to make the "Drain" items (under the holes) into checkpoints so upside down car won't be a big issue, but haven't learned how to do that yet and I'm hoping maybe the next update might offer a way to do that without additional xml files. (I've made everything so far only with in game editors).
Maybe I can make some Holes and Drains that are magnetic and add them to the kit in the future for alternate choices. :)

Return to “Workbench”