Prelight Help

Talk about the car skins/models, mods and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

mrwallace888

Prelight Help

Post by mrwallace888 »

I'm working on a little test thingy. I figured out how to add your own layers for vehicles in the Painter (prelight, dirt, etc.). I wanted to see what would happen if I made a custom Prelight texture for the CanyonCar.

This happened both when I just drag-and-dropped the default prelight texture into the game and when edited and did "Save As". I only tried this with Paint.net, but I just got GIMP (which I have literally no idea how to use). Here's what happened:

Normally, the prelight texture just adds that fake shading to the CanyonCar, so it looks better. For whatever reason, my custom Prelight texture does the opposite. I can't exactly post any screenshots atm, so I'll just use this image off the internet as an example:
Okay, pretend this is the prelight texture. All of the colored stuff is actually like a grey-ish color on a transparent background. You can see the Prelight shading around it. For whatever reason, the game ignores the grey color and just focuses on the shading, which is what's added to your painted car.

HOWEVER, when I make a custom layer for the ingame painter, it works- but not in the correct way. Instead, the grey parts are what's shown, and the shading is actually INSTEAD the car's paint. Basically the opposite. So it fades from grey to the car color instead of from car color to the prelight-shade.

How can I fix this?
mrwallace888

Re: Prelight Help

Post by mrwallace888 »

Also, sorry if this sounds a bit complex.
TMarc

Re: Prelight Help

Post by TMarc »

Did you checkbthe alpha channel? You might need to invert it.
And... Make sure to use the newest gimp release.

Return to “Workbench”