I've wrote a tuto to explain what we can/can't customize in TM² here viewtopic.php?f=269&t=6901.
* The game verifies the digital signature of some files every time you launch the game in fact, files can be modified and others not as they will be downloaded each time the game if they do not conform to their digital signature.
Do not modify these files:
* In case of change of images, be careful to size and format of the original (with or without alpha dds, tga ...) and strictly observed.
* The game features three main files that can be named with any name. By convention, they are defined as follows (adjust yours accordingly) knowing that C contains the personal data of the game (skins, profiles ...):
* Before making any changes, copy/paste those three files in order to have the originals in case of crash, bugs...
* The alpha channel is used to make visible in other parts of the skin (fire, fog ...) night. More to illuminate the room, the smaller its alpha must be great if you want to have an effect on / off (eg the 3rd brake light is 160 * 13 pixels. its alpha channel will be approximately 208 * 61, otherwise it will be on continuously). Conversely, to illuminate a large area, the alpha will be the same size.
TM² is PORTABLE
The game is 100% portable. For this, you must:
- copy / paste the three files mentioned above on your usb / dd extension.
- Go to the folder A.
- Open the file named "Nadeo.ini" and modifler the following line to indicate the path of the file C.
- Code: Select all
In this example, it is located on the D partition and in a folder named "Games".
* in the race: in. ... Ogg to put in C \ Media \ Music \ Canyon \ Race, and in each of the four moods.
* replace panels ubi: ... A \ Packs \ ManiaPlanet.zip \ Techno3 \ Advertising
* replace the panels ... A \ Packs \ ManiaPlanet.zip \ Interface \ Advertising
* replace directional signs ... B \ PaksCache \ ManiaPlanet_Skins. zip \ Skins \ Any \ Advertisement
LIGHTS / LAMPS
* Xenon headlights: http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 42#p163542
* A file ... \ Packs \ ManiaPlanet.zip \ Vehicles \ Media \ Texture \ Image \ VehicleFXFlare.dds may be colored.
* Download http://www.trackmania.com/fr/forum/view ... 339#514339 and http://unc-crew.webs.com/downloads.htm
to put in ... C \ Media \ Painter \ Stencils and ... C \ Media \ Painterr \ Stickers if necessary, create folders Stencils / Stickers and in accordance with good spelling (note that a few Stencils and stickers do not work (checkered red)).
* smoke drift: http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 18#p163518 to put in ... A \ Packs \ ManiaPlanet. zip \ Vehicles \ Media \ Texture \ Image
* License plate. It is included in the DetailsDiffuse.dds the skin. But it is possible to illuminate during night races:
** by adding the DetailsIllum.dds gray with an alpha channel. It will be lit continuously.
** by adding DetailsIllum.dds in black with an alpha channel. It will be lit at all times and will function as a brake light.
* Wallpaper launch the game ideal for putting logos / tags Teams. MenuStartUpBg.tga to put in ...A\Packs\ManiaPlanet.zip\Menu\Media\Texture\Image.
* Medals. Ideal for putting logos / tags Teams. to put in ...A\Packs\ManiaPlanet.zip\Menu\Media\Texture\Image.
* Count down of the race start (3-2-1-go). Ideal for putting colors Teams. to put in ...A\Packs\ManiaPlanet.zip\Menu\Media\Texture\Image and/or ...A\Packs\ManiaPlanet_2011-09-01\Menu\Media\Texture\Image.
Not working or not yet:
* Have a colored shadow for the skin. Indeed, the color remains black fakeshad.dds ingame (512 * 512 and DXT1 with no alpha or alpha DXT5). Temporary solution: put the shaders on "fast" in the options of the game, not higher. But loss of illumination of the headlights at night.
* Add personal music used on the main screen (the menu) because ... D \ PacksCache \ Titles.zip is not editable. And the addition ... E \ Media \ Music \ Menu is not taken into account by TM².
* Customize the sound engine: http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 29&t=19228
http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=11594
http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=11083
http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=11385
All participation is welcome (tests, information sharing / links tutorials ...).