[Tuto] How to customize TM²

Talk about the car skins/models, mods and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

TRINITI1

[Tuto] How to customize TM²

Post by TRINITI1 »

Hey all. :D

I've wrote a tuto to explain what we can/can't customize in TM² here http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=269&t=6901. :thumbsup:

PREAMBLE IMPORTANT

* The game verifies the digital signature of some files every time you launch the game in fact, files can be modified and others not as they will be downloaded each time the game if they do not conform to their digital signature.

Do not modify these files:

* ...D\PacksCache\Titles.zip
* ...D\PacksCache\TMCanyon_HD_01.zip
* ...D\PacksCache\TMCanyon_HD.zip
* ...D\PacksCache\TMCanyon_LD_01.zip
* ...D\PacksCache\TMCanyon_LD.zip
* ...D\PacksCache\TMCanyon_skins.zip
* ...D\PacksCache\TMCanyon_2011-09-01_HD.zip
* ...D\PacksCache\TMCanyon_2011-09-01_LD.zip

* In case of change of images, be careful to size and format of the original (with or without alpha dds, tga ...) and strictly observed.

* The game features three main files that can be named with any name. By convention, they are defined as follows (adjust yours accordingly) knowing that C contains the personal data of the game (skins, profiles ...):

* Before making any changes, copy/paste those three files in order to have the originals in case of crash, bugs...

* The alpha channel is used to make visible in other parts of the skin (fire, fog ...) night. More to illuminate the room, the smaller its alpha must be great if you want to have an effect on / off (eg the 3rd brake light is 160 * 13 pixels. its alpha channel will be approximately 208 * 61, otherwise it will be on continuously). Conversely, to illuminate a large area, the alpha will be the same size.

TM² is PORTABLE

The game is 100% portable. For this, you must:
- copy / paste the three files mentioned above on your usb / dd extension.
- Go to the folder A.
- Open the file named "Nadeo.ini" and modifler the following line to indicate the path of the file C.

Code: Select all

UserDir=D:\Jeux\C
In this example, it is located on the D partition and in a folder named "Games".

MUSIC

* in the race: in. ... Ogg to put in C \ Media \ Music \ Canyon \ Race, and in each of the four moods.

PANELS

* replace panels ubi: ... A \ Packs \ ManiaPlanet.zip \ Techno3 \ Advertising

* replace the panels ... A \ Packs \ ManiaPlanet.zip \ Interface \ Advertising

* replace directional signs ... B \ PaksCache \ ManiaPlanet_Skins. zip \ Skins \ Any \ Advertisement

LIGHTS / LAMPS

* Xenon headlights: http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 42#p163542

* A file ... \ Packs \ ManiaPlanet.zip \ Vehicles \ Media \ Texture \ Image \ VehicleFXFlare.dds may be colored.

STICKERS/STENCILS

* Download http://www.trackmania.com/fr/forum/view ... 339#514339 and http://unc-crew.webs.com/downloads.htm
to put in ... C \ Media \ Painter \ Stencils and ... C \ Media \ Painterr \ Stickers if necessary, create folders Stencils / Stickers and in accordance with good spelling (note that a few Stencils and stickers do not work (checkered red)).

OTHERS

* smoke drift: http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 18#p163518 to put in ... A \ Packs \ ManiaPlanet. zip \ Vehicles \ Media \ Texture \ Image

* License plate. It is included in the DetailsDiffuse.dds the skin. But it is possible to illuminate during night races:
** by adding the DetailsIllum.dds gray with an alpha channel. It will be lit continuously.
** by adding DetailsIllum.dds in black with an alpha channel. It will be lit at all times and will function as a brake light.

* Wallpaper launch the game ideal for putting logos / tags Teams. MenuStartUpBg.tga to put in ...A\Packs\ManiaPlanet.zip\Menu\Media\Texture\Image.

* Medals. Ideal for putting logos / tags Teams. to put in ...A\Packs\ManiaPlanet.zip\Menu\Media\Texture\Image.

* Count down of the race start (3-2-1-go). Ideal for putting colors Teams. to put in ...A\Packs\ManiaPlanet.zip\Menu\Media\Texture\Image and/or ...A\Packs\ManiaPlanet_2011-09-01\Menu\Media\Texture\Image.

Not working or not yet:

* Have a colored shadow for the skin. Indeed, the color remains black fakeshad.dds ingame (512 * 512 and DXT1 with no alpha or alpha DXT5). Temporary solution: put the shaders on "fast" in the options of the game, not higher. But loss of illumination of the headlights at night.

* Add personal music used on the main screen (the menu) because ... D \ PacksCache \ Titles.zip is not editable. And the addition ... E \ Media \ Music \ Menu is not taken into account by TM².

* Customize the sound engine: http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 29&t=19228

LINKS

http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=11594
http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=11083
http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=11385

All participation is welcome (tests, information sharing / links tutorials ...). :thx:
Last edited by TRINITI1 on 20 Nov 2011, 00:03, edited 7 times in total.
Xymph

Re: [Tuto] How to customize TM² ?

Post by Xymph »

Most links above are broken, you can't copy long links via highlighting. Use right-click Copy Link Location / Paste for them.
Otherwise, this looks like a useful tutorial.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
TRINITI1

Re: [Tuto] How to customize TM² ?

Post by TRINITI1 »

I posted before checking everything and I was to make corrections when you posted. :mrgreen: Links are fixed. :thumbsup:
afterimage

Re: [Tuto] How to customize TM²

Post by afterimage »

Whenever I try to add the file to the folder it says that I dont have permission to do it. Why is that?Image
The picture is from when I try to do it through PS but it happens no matter how i try to put it in the folder
TRINITI1

Post by TRINITI1 »

Have you turn off the uac of vista/7 and have the admin rights on your pc?
After copy/paste the original ManiaPlanet. zip to have a save, unzip it, put your dds in the good folder and zip ManiaPlanet folder. :thumbsup:
Last edited by TRINITI1 on 06 Nov 2011, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
kalimerre

Post by kalimerre »

Stick-it ;)

Very nice Job Trini ;)
TRINITI1

Post by TRINITI1 »

Thanks. :thx: I've always loved customize. But it's more difficult with TM²... Says thanks to Hylis... :mrgreen: :arrow:
Nesrally

Post by Nesrally »

TRINITI1 wrote:Thanks. :thx: I've always loved customize. But it's more difficult with TM²... Says thanks to Hylis... :mrgreen: :arrow:
Me also loved to customize a lot in TMNF, and also all my racing mates at home, my kids, grandkids, GF, brother of GF, a.s.o., but sadly, now Nadeo have put this digital signature as a limitation to how much we can customize. Any idea why ? Have anyone asked Nadeo about this? I would love to have back the freedom we had in TMNF. It does not make much sense that only trackmakers can add mod for they`re track for us to enjoy, when we our self cannot race track without mod, or ingame tracks, with our own mod. Think we all can agree that if nadeo was to send they`re own default mod to a mod contest, they could hardly win that contest.......its just not any beauty in naked unpainted cement walls. Me, as a painter, used to make a living from painting and decorate walls, feel so frustrated that I cannot paint or decorate those walls.... So PLZ, Hylis, or who ever decided to put this limitation to TM2, give us back our freedom to customize the tracks the way we used to love in TMNF, by simply delete this digital signature in the image folders! It would be highly appreciated, and add so much more personal pleasure to this great racing-game...... Or, at least explain for us why we are not allowed to customize any more..... :roll:
TRINITI1

Post by TRINITI1 »

I agree with you, especially because most of weigh mods is more than 100 mo.... And Teams loves had their own colors ingame... :(
Nesrally

Post by Nesrally »

Yeah, indeed... but now Im told in another tread that it is a work around that maybe could be the temporary solution by using the force mod plugin for servers..... Will take a look into that..... :thx:

Return to “Workbench”