Clips question

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

dariusz12

Clips question

Post by dariusz12 »

Hello, I've been making a track and I've experienced a problem with clips.
With old TM2Unlimiter it was possible to remove clips by mixing one block with another, this picture illustrates what I mean - http://i.imgur.com/fm8Ckpb.jpg. With the new ingame blockmixing tool it's not possible anymore (or at least I don't know how to do it). It was a really useful feature that could allow smooth transitions between blocks, now it's not possible as the clip creates some kind of bump at the end of the block (as shown in the picture).
So my question is: is it possible to do it with ingame tools? Or do I need to use hex editors?
mistAken

Re: Clips question

Post by mistAken »

Put a sloped arena block underneath the GP corner. then activate block mix and remove the arena block.

There are a few tricks to using the editor that you would only find out by experimenting. My favourite, with the ghost block mode on, move a ground block into the air and then reselect it with the picker or Ctrl then move it back down to ground level. Good for getting rid of decoration clutter that is attach to the ground varients.
dariusz12

Post by dariusz12 »

hey, thanks for the answer but I can't make it to work :/
mistAken

Post by mistAken »

Put the arena block down first, continue the slope
then the sloped Gp block over the top.

Now enter BM mode and then delete the arena part.

Sometimes the block will get buggy (weird characteristics) if you keep picking from the same block and pasting with it activated.

If so enter normal block mode and pick another block say a the small rd. any weirdness generally cancels itself when you have chosen a new block so you can go back and pick the gp part again.

I noticed that the bottom edge of top view is missing its orientation colours??

Return to “Track Editor”