Where is the track editor? [solved]

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

cormac

Where is the track editor? [solved]

Post by cormac »

I've searched through every possible option and menu and can not find the track editor. Where is it? Is it not available for free mode? Which makes some sense I suppose but you'd think thered at least be a stripped down version of it available to tinker with?

If it's only available on the full game, then where do you pay for the game?

I played this several years ago, back when it was very much free. As in little to no point in paying since you could do literally everything for free. Including burn an entire day editing tracks. Seems this game, at least the menus have become far less intuitive since.
cormac

Re: Where is the track editor?

Post by cormac »

nevermind, I found it...
Rots
Translator
Translator

Re: Where is the track editor?

Post by Rots »

Great you found it ;) Have fun!

@NADEO, kick in the ass
cormac wrote:Seems this game, at least the menus have become far less intuitive since.
This guy knew there was an editor and it took him some time to find it. Imagine someone who doesn't know there's an editor, or action maker or manialink or etc...
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
TMarc

Re: Where is the track editor? [solved]

Post by TMarc »

Where is the problem? To find the editors in the menu editors is not difficult.

Only the step from the stations main menu is a bit weird ;)
But if the editors are not there, it is still relatively obvious that you have to start a title first.

However, it would be a good idea to have one general edit tile, which would ask first for which title the editors shall be shown :)
cormac

Post by cormac »

TMarc wrote:Where is the problem? To find the editors in the menu editors is not difficult.

Only the step from the stations main menu is a bit weird ;)
But if the editors are not there, it is still relatively obvious that you have to start a title first.

However, it would be a good idea to have one general edit tile, which would ask first for which title the editors shall be shown :)
yea, this is where I went wrong. I was looking at the mainia planet overview area. didn't realize they were title specific. Found them once I updated the title and launched it.
adamkooo2

Post by adamkooo2 »

TMarc wrote: However, it would be a good idea to have one general edit tile, which would ask first for which title the editors shall be shown :)
yes, edit title is good idea, but what about tps what have their custom items?
maybe the items will be there but in special section in editor (like exp functions) :thumbsup:
/\rkady
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

The generic "Map Editor" tile would simply start the editor of a selected title ("Please select the title where you want to edit..."), or the editor of the most recently used title (this "default" could be indicated, as well as an option to discard this default).
Then the title specific items are not a problem.

I could even imagine something like favorite tiles, like "Editor for Canyon", "Media Tracker for Elite" etc. so the user does not have to select the title, press enter, press play, press this, press there.

Currently we have only titles to enter titles (or to select a server to play on), but no tiles that allow to directly do anything else inside the title.

Return to “Track Editor”