MP4 - No automatic replay ghost from validation? Please fix this.

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

pjw
Halloween Mapper 2011

MP4 - No automatic replay ghost from validation? Please fix this.

Post by pjw »

Previously, when you validated a track and then returned to the track editor, your validation ghost was automatically used for replay cam editing and already in place in the mediatracker. You didn't need to do anything special.

Now, after you validate you need to:
1) NOT save and quit! If you pick that option, your replay is gone forever, as far as I can tell--the track with the new validated time is saved, but your replay is not and you're given no option to do so. This is bad.
2) Choose to "improve". Even if you're not going to actually drive it again that's the only way to free yourself from the menu and manually save your replay. This is silly.
3) Go find the replay you just saved and manually import your ghost.

Please make this "just work" again, or at least add a "save replay" option to the validation dialogue, or...something.

(Or if there's something obvious that I'm missing, please let me know.)
Flighthigh

Re: MP4 - No automatic replay ghost from validation? Please fix this.

Post by Flighthigh »

Do you look into the Configuration / Folder Game on the right up corner. Is there the save of the autoreplays activated?
rachovolker

Post by rachovolker »

Even if you enable the Autosave option, it gets quite cumbersome to sift through hundreds or soon thousands of pages of autosave replays, or Alt+Tab out of the game, manually move the Autosave to it's intended location where it's easy to find, Alt+Tab into the game again. Rinse and Repeat for all the replays you might use in the Mediatracker for that track.

Furthermore, those Autosaves don't save the Time of the run.

This leads to the problem, that uploaded on ManiaExchange, the replays is recognized as valid, but with a time of 0:00:00.-001. Meaning you can't even upload another replay since it's "slower" than the Autosave.

But even with the MX issue aside. An option to seperately save Replays of Validation runs and put them directly in their intended folder would be much appreciated.
pjw
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by pjw »

Flighthigh wrote: 18 May 2017, 06:51Do you look into the Configuration / Folder Game on the right up corner. Is there the save of the autoreplays activated?
Thank you for the suggestion, but I deliberately don't have autosaves enabled because it would get out of control pretty quickly. I suppose I could enable them temporarily to save a validation replay, but that seems more trouble than just "improving" to get to the manual save as needed. :)
rachovolker wrote: 18 May 2017, 09:53An option to seperately save Replays of Validation runs and put them directly in their intended folder would be much appreciated.
Yeah, this. This issue seems like an odd oversight on Nadeo's part?

Return to “Track Editor”