Impossible To Exit Mediatracker Ghost Recording? This seems bad.

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

pjw
Halloween Mapper 2011

Impossible To Exit Mediatracker Ghost Recording? This seems bad.

Post by pjw »

Is this just my problem? I don't see any threads on it...

I haven't tried to record a mediatracker ghost in a while, but now, when I do, it's impossible to return to the editor. If I choose "Yes", the recording session just continues anyway.

Forever. :?

I have to just exit the game completely.

I tested in multiple game packs and with multiple maps.

[Edit: I should probably clarify that it's possible to exit after you finish a full recording and choose to save it.]
nighthawk4571

Re: Impossible To Exit Mediatracker Ghost Recording? This seems bad.

Post by nighthawk4571 »

I guess it might be your problem. I can leave ghost recording anytime: 'Back to Editor - Yes/ No - Save This Ghost - Yes/ No' every time for me, even after a few seconds. :(
I'm not sure what to suggest here, sorry. So I'm no use to you. :oops:
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
pjw
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by pjw »

nighthawk4571 wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 23:49 I guess it might be your problem. I can leave ghost recording anytime: 'Back to Editor - Yes/ No - Save This Ghost - Yes/ No' every time for me, even after a few seconds. :(
I'm not sure what to suggest here, sorry. So I'm no use to you. :oops:
Thanks nighthawk--I mainly just wanted to determine if it was my issue, or if it was game-wide, so you're actually of great use. :)

Hmmn. If it's just my issue, I can't imagine what's causing it. It persists after a game restart, and even after a system reboot. It doesn't matter if I use the mouse to press the "Back to Editor?" "Yes" button or if I use the keyboard.

I press "Yes" and it just returns to the driving again, as if I had pressed "No", and if the track is currently impossible to finish, I have to just close the game at that point. :|

Edit: I'm dumb, and forgot I had access to the MP4/bug forums. The issue is known and has already been reported there.
Demented

Post by Demented »

It is a problem first reported back in May HERE. Not sure why they haven't figured out and fixed this one yet.
Seems to happen the most when you load a map you are working on and enter record ghost mode to test it without editing anything first. Once you've made a test run or edited a bit it seems the problem no longer persists.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
pjw
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by pjw »

Demented wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 14:25Seems to happen the most when you load a map you are working on and enter record ghost mode to test it without editing anything first. Once you've made a test run or edited a bit it seems the problem no longer persists.
Not sure about specific triggers, but I was getting it in the middle of an editing session, having made many test runs. I *hadn't* specifically recorded an MT ghost yet, so maybe it's just the first time there? Anyway, thanks for the link and info--I posted there yesterday once I wised up. :oops:

Return to “Track Editor”