Random Track Generator

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

Demented

Re: Random Track Generator

Post by Demented »

@ null8fuenf10:
I appreciate you wanting to help and come up with answers. As you probably know MP4 is an upgrade from MP3 and added some new tools and fixed some things that have been major complaints for years. One reason it took a while to fix some of these issues is that NADEO knew it would mean breaking some of the old tracks, records and features and thus they kind of took a leap of faith and just went for it in MP4. Because so many things were changed, many Title Packs made for MP3 are not usable in their current state (including the official Nadeo title TM²) and yes, several blocks have new (optimized) geometry and create holes in maps that haven't been converted yet.

I understand wanting a list of compatible titles. Maybe a good solution is an auto imbedded Tag, or Watermark on titles showing which version they were made with. But the thing is there are still many bugs in TM2 that need fixed and with each pushed update things change meaning things can again become incompatible. Until all bugs are fixed this will remain an issue.

Maybe you could start a topic somewhere here and maintain a list in the first post of current functioning title packs and have users post their new or updated titles in it. I'd like to see a list like that but I personally don't want to maintain it. I'm already doing that in a couple other topics.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Hi,

sry for late reply, i have big troubles with my WLan and my stupid PC. :evil:
Demented wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 15:47 Maybe you could start a topic somewhere here and maintain a list in the first post of current functioning title packs and have users post their new or updated titles in it. I'd like to see a list like that but I personally don't want to maintain it. I'm already doing that in a couple other topics.

Hmm, i think i give it a try. The problem is i don't know by myself, which titlepacks all exists and if they are only MP3 or if they MP4 compatible!

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
Demented

Post by Demented »

You could find many of them in the Maniaplanet Store but I think if you create the topic and name it something like "Post Your Title Packs Here" users will reply with their titles and you can add them to the list. If you also ask players to report "Broken Titles" you can either remove them from the list or even better you could put a [Working] or [Not Working] mark in front of each title in the list. I think if users are interested in it they'll help keep it current with reports.

Here is (just an example) of how you could make a list and what it might look like:
--------------------
CURRENTLY FUNCTIONING TITLES:
~ MrSloppis MultiEnv Titlepack! - by MrSloppi - Play everything in TM² Stadium, Tm² Canyon, TM² Lagoon and TM² Valley
~ Valley_RallyCross@tomhellrider1966 - by Wraith - A wide variety of Rally Cross styled tracks

CURRENTLY BROKEN TITLES:
~ Platform
~ Stunts
-------------------
If you really want to be helpful you could even create a link to each title, Who created it, and a brief description of the Title Contents.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Return to “Track Editor”