How to end ambient sequence?

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

pjw
Halloween Mapper 2011

How to end ambient sequence?

Post by pjw »

I'm working on a track with an series of colorGrading sequences, and the initial one has to be an ambient track, or else it pops in at race start and looks bad rather than being there for the starting sequence.

It isn't set to "Keep playing" but keeps playing anyway (just repeats). Is this a bug?

"Is Cycling" doesn't seem to change anything, and I'm not exactly sure what that's supposed to do (or the "start" and "end" buttons associated with it).
ripper_roo

Re: How to end ambient sequence?

Post by ripper_roo »

That's right, the "Keep playing" option doesn't seem to have any effect for the ambience sequence. The only workaround I found is to place a blank effect right after the one you want for the start of the race.

Here's an example with an "Abyss" color effect set to 100%. Copying and pasting the same block but set to 0% cancels the first effect at 3s:

Unfortunately you can only cancel an ambient effect at a defined time, I didn't find a way to do it with a trigger block. Hope it helps anyway ;)
pjw
Halloween Mapper 2011

Re: How to end ambient sequence?

Post by pjw »

ripper_roo wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 13:44 That's right, the "Keep playing" option doesn't seem to have any effect for the ambience sequence. The only workaround I found is to place a blank effect right after the one you want for the start of the race.
That would solve my problem...but I also want to do colorGrading changes in-game with a series of triggers. If I use your workaround, those in-game colorGradings will just be overridden by the second (blank) ambient sequence rather than the first one. :(

It seems weird that the "keep playing" option doesn't work. Maybe I'll submit a bug for it.

In the meantime, I guess I'll just not use the ambient option and just slowly fade in the first sequence from the start. Not what I really want, but *shrug*.

Thank you for trying to help, ripper_roo--I appreciate it! :)

Return to “Track Editor”