Track Editor Problem

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

xanatos.chimera

Track Editor Problem

Post by xanatos.chimera » 06 Sep 2011, 13:46

When I use the tool to create a pit, only 1/4 of the pit shows on the screen. I can't join them together in any quadrant except the upper right one. Every other one doesn't allow overlapping of the blocks to create a larger and irregular shape. Using the landscapemode tool allows for the creation of regular quadrilaterals, but little else. This is in the Beta4 version.

http://static.inky.ws/image/634/image.jpg

http://static.inky.ws/image/635/image.jpg

Edit: September 6, 2011:
In advanced editor I'm seeing more problems like the ones listed above in the images. The blocks for creating pits and plateaus don't show completely in the editor mode, placing them is often hard, the mouse skips around. Canyon wall roads don't show completely sometimes only showing the join point, corners won't rotate, can't get them to overlap with existing road track, can't correct for this by using straight sections either. This is a major problem for me. It basically means that the track editor/creator is useless to me, because I cannot tell where things go, I cannot get road sections to join up or get the contour modifications where I want them after blocking out the major contours of the map.

I have checked my mouse and cleaned it just to make sure. I have updated my mouse drivers and tried different mice. It is not a mouse problem. None of my other games (Guild Wars, Team Fortress 2, Alien Swarm, Diablo 2, Dragon Age Origins/Awakening/2) show the same skipping and problems, none of my graphics programs (GIMP, MS Paint, Paint.NET) have this issue. It's also not an issue in Trackmania United Forever.

xanatos.chimera

Re: Track Editor Problem

Post by xanatos.chimera » 08 Sep 2011, 12:04

I take it no one else has this issue? Or any idea what is causing it? I'm pretty sure it's not a lack of CPU or GPU power. i7 quad-core 2.8GHz, 512MB ATI Radeon HD4850, 6GB RAM.

More issues encountered: cannot connect a ramp to underground segment to a road segment on the ground, cannot connect a canyon wall segment to a normal ground segment either, or a ramp. This is all in the Advanced Editor. Help, these bugs are making the Editor unusable except for the severely limited Basic one.

Return to “Track Editor”