What new block do you want to see?

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

Filipe1020

Ideas & Suggestions for TM2 Lagoon

Post by Filipe1020 »

Feel like there is anything missing out for Lagoon? We can suggest new ideas here that could maybe or not be implemented into the game.

-I have a few ideas for some blocks, one is that NADEO never tried before, a waterfall block
Imagine being able to jump and pass through a waterfall, so that you can reach a tunnel behind it, or for overall detail.

-Airport Blocks, reminiscent to Island, but modernized, we could add planes and props there too, and there could be entrances where you can invade the inside of the airport.
- And while on the subject of airports, there could be some animated planes too, we have the train for Valley, why not some planes that can fly around the map?

-Boats, all sorts of boats, modern and old, we have a crashed ship on the beach, but there could be more.

-Underwater tunnels, with an animated sea life surrounding it, it would be gorgous to see.
Thrawn46

Re: Ideas & Suggestions for TM2 Lagoon

Post by Thrawn46 »

I love the idea of the underwater tunnels :P
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Yeah, the tunnel would be great :thumbsup:
That's actually not a new suggestion, many ideas like these were proposed in another thread in this forum already a good while ago. If I don't forget it, I'll add the link or merge the topics later. :)
Demented

Post by Demented »

I agree with the waterfalls. In fact, I wrote this ↓ about a year ago in "What new block do you want to see?"
Demented wrote: 29 Jun 2016, 16:14 For Valley, Canyon and or Lagoon:
I'd like to see blocks for creating directional flowing water, such as; Streams, Creeks, Rivers and Waterfalls.
Not sure if this would be better done in Terra-forming or as Blocks. We already have water in all the environments but not any that flows directional or capable of running down hills or off cliffs. Also it would be nice if cars splashed through these waterways and slowed down a bit but didn't stop or roll the car unless it's really deep. Right now if you get into any water you're kinda stuck and it would be nice to have some that you could drive through. Maybe even mud too.
Lagoon would be a perfect environment for flowing water and I like the " Underwater clear tubes" idea too.
Also, similar to the trains in Valley I think it would be cool to have some moving objects in Lagoon, but more water based like Fish, Orcas, Dolphins, Boats etc... with assigned paths.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
TMarc

Re: What new block do you want to see?

Post by TMarc »

thanks for the link, exacty this topic, I have now merged both :)
Demented

Post by Demented »

@ TMarc;
Funny, I guess I didn't realize you were referring to this thread when you said that. I just added the link because it shared similar ideas.
It's all good though.

I do think waterfalls could be done now without putting too heavy a load on GPU's. Maybe we'll get something like that in a later update. On the grassy slopes there could be whitewater rapids too.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Nerpson wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 16:27 Here are a list of things that could be cool to create!

And also a multilap block for hills! ;)
A lot of good ideas I think. :thumbsup:
ToaOfJustice

Post by ToaOfJustice »

I have some ideas for terrain blocks.

All environments: "Inverse" terrain. Canyon allows the WaterCliff12 terrain to be placed above and below the surface--I would like this ability for all other terrains in all environments. This would allow, for example, dry canyons created from the inverse of DirtCliff8 in Canyon, dirt pits in Stadium, and actual valleys in Valley! :mrgreen: (I think this idea may have been suggested before, but I'm not sure where.)

Canyon: The ability to place dirt islands (and other terrain on top of that dirt) in the water created by WaterCliff12 below the surface, just as one can place dirt islands on surface water.

Lagoon--Four new terrain types (along with bridges, tunnel entrances, and DecoHDTerrain for each type):
  1. LandCliff4 (which would be able to mix between LandHill6 and LandHill2)
  2. LandCliff8 (which would be able to mix between LandCliff12 and my suggested LandCliff4)
  3. SeaCliff5 (just as SeaCliff13 complements LandCliff12, this would be able to mix across the beach with my suggested LandCliff4)
  4. SeaCliff9 (which would be able to mix between SeaCliff13 and my suggested SeaCliff5, as well as across the beach with my suggested LandCliff8)
3.6 GHz Intel Core i7 4790; 16 GB RAM; DirectX 11; GeForce GTX 960
Windows 10 Pro x64 (21H2); Single user (admin)
Wired LAN, 100 Mbps; Microsoft Edge
Windows Defender
My TM2 Skins
Demented

Post by Demented »

Non-Directional Turbo Blocks;
So, no matter what direction you enter the block from it just accelerates the car.
Directional turbos are good for slowing down the car, but a non-directional one could be useful in Freestyle/Stunt tracks or when your track has sections that you backrack through.
Also, as mentioned previously, the ability to adjust the strength of individual turbo blocks acceleration.
(Maybe even change the color of the Adjustable Turbo block to a gradient color based on its strength so when players approach they kind of know what to expect like: Yellow=10% - Orange=50% - Red=100%) There have been many times I've wished a turbo block had just a little more power or a little less.
ToaOfJustice

Post by ToaOfJustice »

In Lagoon, I'd like to see a transition between tilted road blocks (such as 1-10-1) facing left and right in the form of a corkscrew (like in the Snow/Alpine environment).

In Stadium, it would be nice to have a covered version of the trench corner (7-1-3) and longer versions of the transitions from the dirt road on the ground to the tilted dirt road (6-7-1 and 6-7-2).
3.6 GHz Intel Core i7 4790; 16 GB RAM; DirectX 11; GeForce GTX 960
Windows 10 Pro x64 (21H2); Single user (admin)
Wired LAN, 100 Mbps; Microsoft Edge
Windows Defender
My TM2 Skins

Return to “Track Editor”