What new block do you want to see?

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

Demented

What new block do you want to see?

Post by Demented »

What blocks would you like to see added and to which environment?
I'd like to see some more hillside road blocks in Canyon. Mainly ways to go up and down the hills and maybe some wider turns.
Gravel roads would be cool too but I think I read they will only be building on existing styles.
Last edited by TMarc on 20 Jan 2015, 20:00, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: made post sticky
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Demented

Re: What new block do you want to see?

Post by Demented »

From what I've heard they still plan on doing that.
As it is now you can create some fun tracks, but often you have to get quite creative to bring things together.
The 'cave' blocks are very basic and limited too. I just finished an all underground track and there wasn't really much to work with. Hills that go up or down just one level aren't even in there yet, however I'm sure they will be soon enough.
marazengo

Post by marazengo »

banked cps, banked little corners in all directions, up/downhill cps, diagonally sliced platform blocks, more sign blocks.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Agreed.
I've always wanted a Multi-Lap Start/Finish for each track type too. (In TMUF and now TM2) Some 'missing' track blocks should be very simple to create because the basic parts are already there.
A 4-way intersection for the wide roads would be handy. Many of the blocks don't have a mirrored counterpart yet either. I can only assume they are comming.
SuCCeSSoR-040

Post by SuCCeSSoR-040 »

I'd like to see that we can rotate blocks on ALL axis and not only the z-axis.
So we can make wallrides out of circuitparts.

my 2cts.
luftisbollentm2
Translator
Translator

Post by luftisbollentm2 »

SuCCeSSoR-040 wrote:I'd like to see that we can rotate blocks on ALL axis and not only the z-axis.
So we can make wallrides out of circuitparts.

my 2cts.
yeah would be cool. :thumbsup:
and i like to see crossings and free placement block not limited by 16 x 19 x 10 block or whatever.
more like x 16.732 x y 19.100 z 10.500and so on i think you get it,
anyway i hope that free placement will come in some of the environment but i guess it will not come becouse of the editor as it is now. :shock:

but the valley video looks fun when he build a track nad the racing looks slow but that video is 1 or 2 years old. :oops:
PC: Amd x2 2500mhz 6gb ddr2 ati 5850 1024mb
best valley clip http://instagram.com/p/bTvCURtPCo/#
really show what valley is about <3
banjee

Post by banjee »

somehow i just cant visualize Nadeo making free placement blocks. it would be like Nadeo adding block mixing to the editor. (i know it was there in the beta, but they did take it out...)

personally i would love to see more scenery blocks, so thin roads with signs, perhaps a power plant, a dam office. we need some cool parkour blocks for canyon.
tcq

Post by tcq »

Okay, here we go :D
The thing which i want to see most are the following.

My biggest concern are the Light blocks:
Allow smaller light blocks. E.g. give us a light version of 3-6-2. This would be my most wanted block at moment.
On the concrete sections, give us a block like 5-6-5 or 5-7-4, which is able to emit some light.
Overall, the possibility to decide for each GP block, if the light should be turned on/off, independent of the mood you are using. At the moment, it seems to be simply impossible to drive under a concrete section and place GP blocks there in the moods morning and day. On sunset they will glow a little and on night you have the lanterns turned on.

canyon blocks (6-x-x):
Allow to place them on the side of mountains on the upper level (block 1-1). This alone would give an awesome increase of possibilities.

GP section (2-x-x):
banked CPs
4 more versions of 1-9-2/3/4/5, where you switch the red/white connectors for each new version
shorter versions of 1-3-5/6/7/8, because they are really to long for slow speed slide maps
a transfer block from banked GP to concrete or normal road

Concrete section (3-x-x):
a transfer from concrete to banked concrete (like we have it on bay, snow, island, desert)
boosters on the 45° blocks
a transfer block from the concrete to the 4-x-x block set, which can be driven (instead of the jumping done by 3-6-3)
a less strong ascending slope of 3-4-1/3

Tunnel section (4-x-x):
additional entry blocks for the tunnel sections (4-6-3),like 3 different versions as in the bay environment
an intermediate curve between 4-2-1 and 4-2-2/3
an intermediate version between 4-3-1 and 4-3-2/3/4 as for
Demented

Post by Demented »

Some good ideas there.
I think it would be cool if Nadeo made a 'Block Editor' for TM2 for users to create blocks with. Then, to keep people from making crap blocks, they could be uploaded to Nadeo for approval or validation before being officially added to the game.

Return to “Track Editor”