What new block do you want to see?

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

maxi031

Re: What new block do you want to see?

Post by maxi031 »

Demented wrote: I think underwater glass tubes were suggested once for Stadium also. Those would need a good framework around them though so you could see where you are going.
With sharks and big turtles swimming around xD.
My specs:
MOBO: MB AM3+ 970 Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
CPU: AM3+ AMD FX-8320E
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX750-Ti ASUS 2GB DDR5
RAM: DDR3 8GB 1866MHz Kingston HyperX
SSD: SATA3 120gb SanDisk
TY MICMO
Skyslide

Post by Skyslide »

Ay,

if you have any new idea about a block, tell me, but be sure that it could embed...

300kb is not much ...i mean 300kb is really nothing

nadeo pls change dat shieeet

2mb embed would be cool
and maybe include textures ^^
sky
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

Skyslide wrote:Ay,

if you have any new idea about a block, tell me, but be sure that it could embed...

300kb is not much ...i mean 300kb is really nothing

nadeo pls change dat shieeet

2mb embed would be cool
and maybe include textures ^^
sky
and maybe half of the pc's would have problems loading tons of blocks
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
Skyslide

Post by Skyslide »

what do you mean "with problems with loading tons of blocks"?
2mb more .. wow .. we dont live in 1990 man xd
i dont see a problem here, more space for blocks would be good, so we can add LODs for every block...

tada

problem solved

right?
tcq

Post by tcq »

Additionally, it's the download speed that makes 2MB a problem ...
If you are playing on an international server with players from all countries you will have problems that players from countries with bad internet won't be able to download the map before the time limit of the server is finally over.

And with countries with bad internet I especially include Germany, where the majority of the people still have speed below 5mb/s. Especially people on the country side are happy when they get more than 2mb/s download speed.

I'm still voting for the solution that Nadeo should choose some of the best custom objects each X months and provide them as an update to bring continuously new blocks towards mania planet (thus keeping the map size low).
Demented

Post by Demented »

Thank you Skyslide for offering to do that. I'm sure there are a lot of good ideas scattered throughout this thread that you might be able to use.
I'm not sure everyone knows what is required to make a block embeddable could you explain that without getting too deep into the details? Maybe some examples of what can and cannot be done? I know one requirement for embeddables is that they use textures that already exist in the environment and of course size limits (which I assume relate to polygon counts).
I also assume certain types of blocks can't be done without NADEO creating something new to use as a template like the recently suggested underwater tubes. As there are no underwater blocks already in Stadium, there is nothing to use as a template to create underwater blocks from, correct?
Can roads be made that run up and down Stadium dirt slopes?
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Demented

Post by Demented »

For Valley, Canyon and or Lagoon:
I'd like to see blocks for creating directional flowing water, such as; Streams, Creeks, Rivers and Waterfalls.
Not sure if this would be better done in Terra-forming or as Blocks. We already have water in all the environments but not any that flows directional or capable of running down hills or off cliffs. Also it would be nice if cars splashed through these waterways and slowed down a bit but didn't stop or roll the car unless it's really deep. Right now if you get into any water you're kinda stuck and it would be nice to have some that you could drive through. Maybe even mud too.
Skyslide

Post by Skyslide »

we do have the water material (we didnt had it, maxi told me that StadiumWater works^^)
problem is, that water is an projection from top view, so if we rotate a surface with water material vertical, it would look not like water anymore ^^ but it's a game so why not.
(grass and dirt too)

drive through water.
we can not make blocks for ground, like nadeo did it for terraforming, if we place block on ground, the nadeoblock is still there, we can not replace nadeoblock with own block, if we make terraform blocks for rivers, creeks ... they should be above ground, because the water(physic) is bound to ground.

we can only make a surface with notcollidable physic and watermaterial, maybe add any slowphysicsurface at the bottom of the river, so the car will drive on dirt and through water with no physics
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

I tested it already. The water is collidable or not collidable, but if you set the material "lake" on the ground it should have the same handling. Make it not too high (the water) and you can drive though it (but not in view 3^^)
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Demented

Post by Demented »

Making flowing water and shallow water blocks that the cars handle in a better way I think is something NADEO would have to do because it would require some additional car physics programming to be done correctly.

Return to “Track Editor”