mpbc, short for ManiaPlanet Block Compiler, is a new tool that allows you to create your own blocks from scratch and import them into TrackMania 2. Currently it supports the following:
- Custom meshes with LOD's (from .dae files)
- Custom textures: diffuse, normal and specular maps with optional alpha (from .dds files)
- Builtin ManiaPlanet textures: make your block work with mods
- Collision meshes
- Clips: indicate that a block is connectable to others
- Drawable roads
- Checkpoints, start and finish lines
- Surface types that affect driving, like Dirt and Turbo.
- Distribution of custom blocks via ManiaCode
One restriction is that to use the blocks ingame, you need TM2Unlimiter (version 0.2.2 or newer). This includes the person creating the blocks and anyone who wants to play a map that contains the blocks. The reason for this is a limitation in ManiaPlanet: .gbx files in the Personal folder are not allowed to reference external files, which is required for blocks (e.g. models need to reference their textures). TM2Unlimiter lifts this restriction.
- Download mpbc 0.1.9.1 (for ManiaPlanet 2012/01/09)
- VS2010 runtime (install if you get an error about msvcr100.dll)
- Source code
- Sample blocks
- The <environment> should now have a namespace and a "title" attribute, see manual for details.