mpbc 0.1.9.1: custom block creation tool

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

Electron

Re: mpbc: custom block creation tool

Post by Electron »

arc_ wrote:
Electron wrote:I took a quick look in the sources and have found only four files which would allow me very simply to build powerful cheating tools...
How so? mpbc doesn't allow you to overwrite existing blocks. Also it does not contain any code for creating or modifying car physics. It only creates new blocks.
You are right in this points. But I have referred to the source code. It shows me how to subclass every function inside the Game, the Launcher or every imported library as long as I know the address of it. Then I can manipulate the input or output data of this function.

You wrote yourself that this may possible:
arc_ wrote:
seeba wrote:Blocks add to an environment, but the environment itself is also given by handling, speed, acceleration, etcetera.
Who said that can't be changed as well? :)

But let's first get custom blocks stable and more complete, there's still lots to do.
The technique may well-known by script kiddies (I don't know). But TrackMania had not much problems with such cheating tools up to now, I think. And I only don't want that this will change.

We are very glad that you shared your knowledge in the TM Wiki and it is generally positive to also provide the sources. But in this case, I only wanted to express some doubts. If these are groundless, so much the better.
arc_

Re: mpbc: custom block creation tool

Post by arc_ »

Electron wrote:I have referred to the source code. It shows me how to subclass every function inside the Game, the Launcher or every imported library as long as I know the address of it. Then I can manipulate the input or output data of this function.
That's the key point in bold there. The working method for patching game functions is not new and is not unique to mpbc. There are many, many mods that work exactly like it, and many, many tutorials that explain how to do it. The patching is not the hard part - finding the addresses of the functions, and understanding those functions, is.

This is nothing for script kiddies, all those can do is play around with memhack tools and hope they stumble across something useful. Real reverse engineering takes years of practice :)

In short, I don't think mpbc's source code will help people make cheating tools more quickly, because it doesn't contain any (new) information they can use. On the other hand I'm sure there are people who are interested in knowing how the tool works, and perhaps learn from it.
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Re: mpbc 0.1.1: custom block creation tool

Post by haenry »

arc_ wrote:People have already requested that maps with custom blocks would be tagged such that MX can recognize them. I'll try to include this in the next TM2Unlimiter release. Then you will have filtering and everyone can be happy ;)
That's a good idea. By tagging them, you can easily ban all the maps with custom blocks, if Nadeo says "no" at any point of time. Also bugs can be easier avoided.
As long as your tools do not damage any game files, everything should be fine. The last people want are corrupted gaming files or tools, that cannot be removed easily.
But I trust in you in that point :roflol:
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
justanother1

Post by justanother1 »

I just ran onto this (still downloading) and I think it's gonna be Great !! All you babies crying about quality, crying about how it might me unfair ..... Look, This time were gettin the Mod BEFORE the original Software !!! How cool is that.
They told us we'd be able to import custom geometry before the game was released, And Now We CAN!!! Meanwhile ...
ATTN NADEO GUYS !!! We need some basic measurment info on track blocks, so we can match ours better ...

banjee

Post by banjee »

Yeah it would be hard to get the right measurements by guessing, but if there is a way to make new blocks can't there be a way to look at the old ones and find the measurements that way?
phil13hebert

Post by phil13hebert »

Who will be the first to create a block ? (excluding _arc) :)
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40Ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 798MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 1536MB
Motherboard: Intel 0KM92T
Sound: 7.1
Peripherals: Logitech G510, SteelSeries sensei raw, Corsair vengeance 1500
luftisbollentm2
Translator
Translator

Post by luftisbollentm2 »

jonthekiller wrote:Very good, it works well :yes:

Go make servers with customs blocks :roflol:

yeah its no problem just add unlimiter needed to the servers with custom block maps. :yes:

very short "Unlimiter"

I have a cool block idea, if i can make it. :oops:

and one more thing if nadeo make one, its alot easyer to make new blocks.
PC: Amd x2 2500mhz 6gb ddr2 ati 5850 1024mb
best valley clip http://instagram.com/p/bTvCURtPCo/#
really show what valley is about <3
justanother1

Post by justanother1 »

From experience building TM Cars ... Wings3d's measuring system is the same as 3DSMax ... so for those wanting to get started ...
THIS ONE IS WRONG
there's an old script for old Blender 2.4x for importing cars to TM .. should work .... you can find links Here in my post on ManiaPark. I just found this today, so I'm still muddling through the manual ... but I'll post as I go to try and help out ...

EDIT .... According to the bunny, this should be the right way .... ( according to the manual the other is ?...)
Last edited by justanother1 on 17 Apr 2012, 15:16, edited 2 times in total.
justanother1

Post by justanother1 »

Never mind .. the mpbc_probe.dll goes in the Programs\Maniaplanet folder ... the other goes in the folder you're working in ... however ...
I have a new problem. Blender script did not work ... Pak was made ... icon shows up ... but no geometry ???

I already have a dumb question ... do we need to unzip the MPBC in the Programs\Game folder and use a \Source folder in our Trackmania folder .. like the NadioImporter for cars ??
CoastKid
Translator
Translator

Post by CoastKid »

My first test of MPBC:
Last edited by CoastKid on 17 Apr 2012, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Track Editor”