Media Tracker instruction manual

Talk about the MediaTracker here

Moderator: English Moderator

medlo

Media Tracker instruction manual

Post by medlo »

Hi everyone!

Where could I find a complete and why not "official" manual of every single possibility explained of Trackmania's media tracker? It's kind of annoying right now, we have this wonderful tool which is the media tracker, but I can't find any correct manual, apart from some tips here and there on the net and on Youtube...

medlo
medlo

Re: Media Tracker instruction manual

Post by medlo »

I have to admit that I find it a little weird that such a guide doesn't exist, a least one with the basic shortcuts like copiing a key or zooming-unzooming the time line. Nadeo never made such a guide? Usually when you buy a car you have an instruction manual :lol:
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Nadeo does not sell real cars, and if you would really look around a minimum,
you would notice there is a wiki... where the Media Tracker is also designed as Replay Editor:
http://wiki.maniaplanet.com/en/Replay_editor
And there is also some documentation here http://doc.maniaplanet.com/creation/mediatracker/
medlo

Post by medlo »

I understand that Nadeo does not sell real cars, that was just a comparison, that when you buy an object you usually get the instruction manual with it.
I already saw the two links you putted, these are just some quicky explanations of the basics of the basics of the media tracker...
What I was asking was some real guide, not just one page, at least, 20 or 30 pages. The guys for example who makes the trailers for example the one of Stadium 2 which is awesome by the way, why can't they take one or two days and put down all their knowledge about the media tracker? They must know a lot, why not give this as us, we paid the game? That should be given without asking normally!
Last edited by TMarc on 28 Feb 2015, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed insults
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

The links are indeed basic manuals, but the MT is relatively intuitive to use.
You can't expect that you get always everything prefabricated and explained in all details.
You also have to spend some time to learn how to use it.
It is a game, and experimenting is also part of the fun.

There are tutorials available, done by players, you only have to find them. ;)
Demented

Post by Demented »

I'm sorry but I have to agree that there should be an easy to find, in depth description for all the aspects of the media tracker. I use it all the time and there are many things in it that I either don't know what they do, or how to use them. It would be nice when you pay for software to be able to use it to it's full capacity. I also don't think it should be up to the users to figure it out and share this information. Nadeo obviously spent a lot of time developing these features. They know how they all work. Don't they want people to at least understand how to use them? I love the games but this does frustrate me too.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Return to “MediaTracker”